Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Mar 22, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
prugone
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Elisebev View Post
After my 7 year old Renault megane started giving me problems in January (a little bit scary when you are driving on your own an hour from home and the engine failure warning light suddenly comes on), we decided to go and look at cars just to see what the options were. We went to the Renault garage on the Sunday. Had a look at the Renault captur (had spotted one on my neighbours driveway and quite fancied it). The showroom had lots of pre registered Renault cars that they had bought off the manufacturer. Got a 18 month old car with only 1800 miles on the clock. Test drove it on the Sunday. Came home to think about, phoned back and said I would take it and it was delivered on the Wednesday. So glad I did that now that I’ve read this thread
That's a good option if you're buying cash or HP but if you want a PCP type contract the cost of a nearly new model is much the same or higher than a new car because of the lower end value.
prugone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 22, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
prugone
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by LostGirl View Post
Ordered a Kuga Titanium in September 21. Told Jan/Feb 22. Now they are telling me June 22!
Good luck!
prugone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 22, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Minicooper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ariel85 View Post
It’s the wiring loops that come from Ukraine (one of their biggest exports apparently). Husband works for BMW and they were told the factory is closing for 2 weeks due to this shortage
Same here, DH told initially just off for 3 days this week but now have been told not back in until Monday.
Old 9 Mar 22, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

My wife has just ordered a new granlander, June delivery
Also looked at the new Renault Arkana , lovely dr. 6 weeks
Mazda CX-5 1 in stock in model required.
Range Rover evoque Manuel wouldn’t take an order as over a year
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 22, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
deeley
Imagineer

I ordered a new Kia Sportage in the Christmas holidays. It came at the end of feb and I’m driving around in it since March 1st. It’s lovely!
deeley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 22, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

We ordered a Discovery Sport on 15 June last year. We just got a build slot last week with delivery apparently scheduled for 22 April. Will believe it when I see it. We are also fighting with the dealer on the price, we ordered the 22 model which they’re no longer building so we’re getting the 23 model which is nearly 5k more. The dealer is trying to play hardball, not having any of it.
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 22, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

I ordered a new motability car last August and collected it yesterday.
It was supposed to be a ford fiesta titanium X but was upgraded to the new 2022 fiesta Vignale.

I don't know anything about cars but my dad's happy with it.
Mariesmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 22, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

i ordered a mini hatch at start of Feb and I dont have a confirmed build date but the company said they had been given updates at that time of Sep/Oct so I am ok to wait until then.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 22, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Johnnyp
Imagineer

Johnnyp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
I ordered a Ford Puma in Metallic with a spare wheel (controversial)😄 and it’s due around September.

Hoping mid August so I can drive out on September 1st on a new plate 🤣
Johnnyp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 22, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
prugone
Very Serious Dibber

UPDATE : New Kuga Titanium on a boat in the vicinity of the docks! After going through customs etc I may have my new car within the next couple of weeks.