Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 1 Apr 22, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Day 15: Thursday 20th January 2022.

The Penultimate day!

Decided we wanted to go somewhere different for our last full day so decided on St Augustine and St Augustine Beach. We went to the Beach town first. Got parked fine at the pier. We wandered along the beach then I decided I was a bit peckish and I noticed a funky donut shop called Island Donuts on the drive along!
So off we went. They also did breakfast bagels, so I had a sausage, egg cheese and DH had bacon, egg and cheese. These were cooked fresh on their home made bagels and delish! We also had a cake each – DH had a maple cinnamon bun , I had smores donut. Again, very tasty!

Back to beach and a wander along the pier. Then we moved onto St Augustine itself. It was very busy, but we managed to get parked in the tourist centre garage. For those of you that’s not visited before defo worth a trip, it’s a nice place as ‘America’s oldest city’ it has the old castle ,and the sea front and nice little streets.

Came across a pizza shop that had many different kinds so I decided I wanted to try the lasagna pizza! Not an actual lasagna on a pizza but it had the meat from a lasagna, the cheese and the sauce and more cheese, again it was lovely and big enough to share.

Came back via the Tanger Outlets at Daytona Beach, which were a lot quieter than the ones on I-drive.

We were back on i-drive for dinner and decided to go to BJ’s Brewhouse again as we really liked our dinner there last week. It was Thursday night special so they had a tri-tip dinner or ribs and a pizookie for $18 , which was a bargain. So I opted for that , I ordered mine with a baked potato and cheesy mash, DH had ribs with fries and rice.

Then the Pizookies! I had salted caramel and DH had chocolate brownie, these were just ammmmmazing but a bit sickly and huge!

Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 22, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

Oh my, BJ's looks great and I really want Pizookie now. Xx
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 22, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
BJ’s looks delicious- you did well to have dessert too!
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 22, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Fab food report. We. are at dockside in the summer so nice to hear you liked it.

You’ve given us loads of good ideas of new offsite places to try, BJ’s, Chillis and Fords Garage.
Old 3 Apr 22, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by halloweenbaby2 View Post
Oh my, BJ's looks great and I really want Pizookie now. Xx
And I am now a proud owner of pizookie pants!😁🤣
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 22, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Fab food report. We. are at dockside in the summer so nice to hear you liked it.

You’ve given us loads of good ideas of new offsite places to try, BJ’s, Chillis and Fords Garage.
Ooh enjoy! We loved the Dockside!
We're staying at the surfside in September so will see how the 2 compare!
Old 4 Apr 22, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Day 16: Friday 21st January 2022

Waaaah, today was fly home day!

Started off with breakfast at the Dockside again, we had thought about going to Perkins but decided just to enjoy the hotel on the last day. Still haven’t made it to Perkins yet, so it is defo on the list for September!
We had the French toast and chicken and waffles again. We had asked for late check out so we could spend more time at the pool in the morning, so we got a check out time of noon for no extra charge. After a couple of hours in the pool and bagging a lounger in the sun we packed up the room and headed out to get the bus to the parks. Went to IoA and US then had some panda express sitting out facing the water. I had the orange chicken and honey shredded chicken with rice and noodles yum

Headed to the airport around 4pm. I had already checked us in so was just a case of dropping the luggage and getting our vaccines and PLF forms/passport checks then through security quickly as we have TSA pre-check.

Then we had a couple hours til the MAN flight so got a Nathans hot dog and bacon cheese fries. DH had a burger king and they were very short staffed so had to wait a while on his order. We weren’t in a particular hurry anyways.

Flight back was fine, I just had the try as never a fan of plane food, then the breakfast which I think was a ham/cheese croissant.

Landed a bit early and waited a while for out luggage but finally got them and headed out to get our train to Edinburgh………except we got to the station only to find out it was cancelled! And we had to get a later train to Preston and then change at Preston to Edinburgh. Very annoying but not much we could do so I headed off to WHSmith for a meal deal as there is not much eating places at the station.

Finally, got both our trains OK and got back into Edinburgh a hour or so later than planned so I guess could be worse. We did end up getting a full refund on our train tickets at least.

Here’s my Walmart haul!

Future plans: We are booked for 2 weeks in Sept staying at the Surfside this time, In a suite again as we really liked having the extra space (Even tho it is just 2 of us ha) and the picnic table etc and also got a good deal on it! also planning on a couple of night somewhere else maybe Nashville or Chicago or Memphis . booked with VH but we are trying a different route this time on their Delta code share Edin > Boston > Orlando. So will see how that is! We were in Boston last December and seemed a nice, fairly small airport to navigate.
Food on the list for this time is:

Bahama Breeze
BJ’s
Antojitos
Olive Garden
Cheddars scratch kitchen (new one for us but heard good things!)
Texas Roadhouse
Toothsome’s
Applebee’s
Paradiso 37
Frenchy’s (at clearwater)
Jo’s crab shack

for breakfast:
Perkins
Boma’s
Topolinos
Cape May

I will leave you with this last memory...

Old 4 Apr 22, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Really enjoyed reading along - thanks for posting!
Old 4 Apr 22, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thanks for pop your eats , you really must try Perkins. They do good lunch/ evening meals too and great pie for dessert
We love Boston, we found the Bostonians very friendly
Looking forward to your next trip report
Emma
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 22, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks for taking the time to do your trippie I really enjoyed reading along

Joan