Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 29 Mar 22, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Kingtinger
I want to go now!

May 2022 - 3 week Itinerary

I've put together my itinerary which I'd be grateful for any feedback on.

We are a family of 4 with our kids aged 6 (7th birthday while there) and 9.

It looks busy...

Edited at 11:31 AM.
Kingtinger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 22, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

Having had a quick look I do wonder why your not hitting a park early on Wednesday 18th, you will likely all be up early with jetlag.

I don't think I would plan three waterpark days so close together.

28th I don't know anything at all about the swamp thing or the game on the evening, My feeling is travel to and from those three activities in the one day may make everything too rushed.

How amazing to have your 7th birthday at Magic Kingdom. I hope you have a fantastic time.
It could be an idea to do a Universal park after Volcano bay to save on travel and time but you don't mention where your staying or how your getting around.

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 22, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Looks good to me... See you at MK on the 26th, and I am sure it will be a magical day celebrating her birthday there!

One thing to be aware of is that suggestions Blizzard Beach is going to be closed majority of this year. I notice that park hours are still not available for BB.

So maybe re-think the day or to visit Typhoon Lagoon twice?

Also not sure that fireworks have come back to Hollywood Studios. Still in hope that Fantasmic will be back before then!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Edited at 02:29 PM.
miked1e is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 22, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Kingtinger
I want to go now!

Originally Posted by minnie moomoo View Post
Having had a quick look I do wonder why your not hitting a park early on Wednesday 18th, you will likely all be up early with jetlag.

I don't think I would plan three waterpark days so close together.

28th I don't know anything at all about the swamp thing or the game on the evening, My feeling is travel to and from those three activities in the one day may make everything too rushed.

How amazing to have your 7th birthday at Magic Kingdom. I hope you have a fantastic time.
It could be an idea to do a Universal park after Volcano bay to save on travel and time but you don't mention where your staying or how your getting around.
Thanks for the suggestions, I was torn over the 18th... whether we hit a park straight away or take advantage of the 3 weeks and have a lazy day to get our bearings.

Good shout to do Universal after Volcano Bay! I might just do that.

We are staying in the Windsor Hills area travelling by car.
Kingtinger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 22, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Kingtinger
I want to go now!

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Looks good to me... See you at MK on the 26th, and I am sure it will be a magical day celebrating her birthday there!

One thing to be aware of is that suggestions Blizzard Beach is going to be closed majority of this year. I notice that park hours are still not available for BB.

So maybe re-think the day or to visit Typhoon Lagoon twice?

Also not sure that fireworks have come back to Hollywood Studios. Still in hope that Fantasmic will be back before then!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news
Thanks for the tips Mike.

I have seen the news about Blizzard Beach, as you say we might skip that or try another water park, luckily they don't need pre booking.

I didn't realise HS doesn't have a firework show...fingers crossed they bring it back in time!

Edited at 07:15 PM.
Old 29 Mar 22, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kingtinger View Post
Thanks for the tips Mike.

I have seen the news about Blizzard Beach, as you say we might skip that or try another water park, luckily they don't need pre booking.

I didn't realise HS didn't have a firework show...fingers crossed they bring it back in time!
Whats happened to HS fireworks? We missed them last time as were cancelled due to storm.
So is it just MK fireworks?
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 22, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Donz1979 View Post
Whats happened to HS fireworks? We missed them last time as were cancelled due to storm.
So is it just MK fireworks?
Still a lot of shows to return.

According to this it is unavailable:

disneyworld/entertainment/fireworks/
Old 29 Mar 22, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
khonsu
Suitcases dusted off...

Looks amazing... are you not expecting any pool/rest days then?

We're there in May for 3 weeks with no kids (been there, done that! ). You're younger and fitter (most likely! ) - you'll be fine!

2002 Enchantedland Resort, 2005 Cabana Bay, 2011 Peabody, 2014 Rosen Point Orlando, 2017 Rosen Plaza, 2019 Rosen Shingle Creek. 2020 cancelled x2, 2021 cancelled x1... May 2022 - three weeks in Rosen Shingle Creek. May 2023 Drury Plaza Disney Springs. May 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort, December 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort

khonsu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 22, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Kingtinger
I want to go now!

Originally Posted by khonsu View Post
Looks amazing... are you not expecting any pool/rest days then?

We're there in May for 3 weeks with no kids (been there, done that! ). You're younger and fitter (most likely! ) - you'll be fine!
I definitely think we'll have a couple of rest days, I guess it all depends on the kids and how they are shaping up.
I'd imagine we might drop a repeat visit here or there.

We went to Alton Towers recently and were exhausted afterwards...and that's without the heat!

Hope you enjoy your holiday!
Old 30 Mar 22, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I would put something in on the first day, we are always raring to get going on first day, last thing we would want is a lazy day.

I would rethink the Saturdays at Blizzard Beach and SeaWorld. Disney water parks are not usually recommended for the weekend and as you are just going to SeaWorld once, I would probably do that on a different day too. SeaWorld and Magic Kingdom on the same day would be a bit too much for me.

Otherwise looks fine.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List