General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 6 Apr 22, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

And then there were a different three!

And then there were a different three!

Tuesday 5th April

Woke up just after midnight and then again for good around 3.45. Typed up the blog and tried again to add money to my prepaid card. No joy

Got up and showered at 6.30 and then waited for the others to get ready. Headed for breakfast just after 8.30. It was really busy today. Had an omelette with the breakfast potatoes once we found a table, which coincidentally was the same as yesterday.
Back up to the room to get out stuff and spent ages going up and down in the lift until we finally made it to the lobby level. We are off to the Jersey gardens outlet mall today

Left the hotel for the 10 minute walk and we nailed it first time. Asked the man at information where we needed to go to get tickets for jersey gardens and he shouted through the tannoy that we needed to head to the back, ticket desks 1-10. We had a lovely lady who gave us a sheet with all the bus times abs return times an there was one leaving in 5 minutes. Luckily we only needed to go upstairs and we were at our gate. I was allowed to take my suitcase on with me, which is new to me - for Woodbury common they go in the hold.

Arrived pretty much dead on 10.30 and headed inside to get a Starbucks before shops open at 11.
Had a hot chocolate that was actually hot! Unheard of. We split up at the us point and arranged to meet at the food court at 1. I was on a mission and flew round getting purchases under my belt. My first stop was the Lego store for the DeLorean but they were sold out. Had to FaceTime the girls a few times to check in requirements and the mall wifi was good enough to do this. The place is absolutely deserted. I don’t think I’ve ever been to an outlet mall with so few customers.

Met for lunch at 1 at the food court. I wasn’t hungry so had a veggie taco which was nice but messy! I then set off again to do 2 more shops and we agreed to meet at 2.40 with the plan of getting the 2.49 bus back. On my way back to the meeting place I called back in the Lego store and asked about click and collect as Jas had messaged me to say that the store down the flatiron end of fifth avenue had them in stock. They said I couldn’t do click and collect but they would phone the store to see if they actually had them in. After multiple attempts they finally answered the phone and put one aside for me!

Met the others abs got in the bus with a minute to spare. Slightly longer journey back as we stopped at several stops. Arrived back at the bus station - I love how coming out of the Lincoln tunnel there is just a massive bus lane that goes straight into the port authority bus station. Ali and Julie headed back to the room to get rid of their bags. I meandered to a quiet (?!) spot abs ordered a Lyft down to the Lego store in the flatiron district. Took about 20 mins. Was praying that they actually put one aside for me as it’s Jasmine’s birthday present.

I get to the register and I can see 6 sitting behind the counter so breathed a sigh of relief but they have actually put one aside in a cupboard. I hand over my vip card and there is $50 of points sat there. Dilemma, has Jas already planned these for something?! I message her but don’t get a reply straight away. I make the decision to not touch the points and pay. I just get outside the store when she replies to say that it’s my account so they’re my points. Dang it. I could have save $50! I go back in and see if I can return and repurchase. Yes I can. It’s probably going to cost a small fortune in foreign transaction fees (my prepaid card still won’t top up) but I still should be ahead, but not if you take into account the cost of the Lyfts! I head back outside and order another car but I can’t see it anywhere so I end up with no driver and a $5 no show fee! I then walk for about 10 minutes to get to a less densely populated area and try again. Success. I’m getting dropped at macys to meet the others.

I was in the door and run straight in to Ali, and the handle of my Lego bag snaps. I then have to locate the picture of the Michael kors bag that I want in the clearance. I ask the server if they have it and he says they sold out 3 days ago! If only I’d gone in on Saturday.

They still have the small one do I take a look. It is small but I decide to go for it. The man is just unlocking it from the rail when I spot the Olive Phoebe mini bucket bag! Phoebe literally only sent me a photo of this last night and they didn’t have it at the outlet. It’s already marked down 40% but then we take another 30% off. Add the tax and it’s a bargain at $108!

We leave Macy’s and quickly stop at target to get the last of the sweets and then head back to the hotel. When Ali and Julie came back to the hotel earlier the room hadn’t been made up despite us requesting this on Saturday when we checked in and it needed doing as we were out of toilet paper! We arrive back and everything has been done except the toilet paper!

We head down for the free wine and nibbles which today are fresh fried nachos with salsa and guacamole and v tasty.

We head out for the Empire State Building just before 7 and head straight in. This has changed quite a bit since i last came with a much more immersive display and a new lift video. We zoom up to floor 80 and then take another elevator up to floor 86.
We’ve times it perfectly as dusk is well under way and there are not many people about.
While we’re here we quickly do our online checkin - it’s very annoying that BA now charge for choosing all seats in advance unless you’re supersonic gold level (or something like that) so we didn’t pre book our seats and we were allocated 3 in the middle section. We changed this to two on the back row and single on the other side at bag - guilt free reclining! By the time we’ve done this it’s properly dark and the view looks great.

Just after 8 we are freezing cold so head back down and wander the couple blocks back to the hotel area. We call in the liquor store and get a bottle of wine and then go next door to Give Guys and order burgers. I then dash back to the hotel to order the fries the we had on the first night to use our room credit. None of us are really hungry but eat anyway! We enjoy our wine and chat about our trip and can’t believe it’s gone so quickly.

Managed to stay up until 10.40 today! Got to get up early (ha!) to pack.

Once again, apologies for all of the typos (I’m so tired!) and my phone changing and to abs!

Thanks for reading
Old 6 Apr 22, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Another great day I've never done the outlets there.

The new attractions inside The Empire State were not there when I went last, new things to see

Glad you got your Lego
Old 7 Apr 22, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

What a day! You packed it in again. How far was Jersey Gardens? Am glad you got all your shopping needs, can we see pic of the Phoebe bag please? What a bargain!
Photos are fab, especially the Macys flower display and the Empire State views. Great report 🥰

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 22, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Ali23
Getting Excited

Enjoyed reading your NY trip reports, great pics , thank you.
Ali23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 22, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Jersey gardens was a 30 min bus journey so much better than going to Woodbury common. I can’t work out how to add a picture of the phoebe bag!