Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 11 Apr 22, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
usualsuspect23
New Poster (5)

Hertz - Winter Haven - Cheap prices Aug 2022

Hi All,

Just thought I'd share that I'm seeing some cheap prices at Hertz Winter Haven - (2073 US 92 Winter Haven, FL US 33881)

Currently looking at 14days for a meduim Sedan for £360. Insurance included as far as I can see. Free cancelation.

Similar prices when booking though HolidayAutos and chosing the same pickup location.

If I'm missing something, then someone please tell me, but this is much cheaper than anything else I've seen, by hundards...

I'm not allowed to post screenshot links unfortunately for some reason, but if an admin can change that for me I'll add them.
usualsuspect23 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 22, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Are you booking through the Uk site so you have the correct insurance
We’ve picked up 2 hires now from Winter Haven and a third in June to August worked out a few thousand cheaper for us over the 3 hires even with a one night stand alone
Hertz rental from the airport to pick the car up the next day
You don’t get a choice of car but the two we’ve had have been fine
It’s the airport location it’s a pain to get into best to go to the traffic lights and do a you turn depending from which side you approach of course
Opening times are limited Mon/ Fri 8am / 5pm
Saturday 8am / midday
Sunday closed
A very civilised pick up and takes 5 mins but they are a stickler for your CC being exactly the same as your driving licence or at least the CC having your middle initials
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 22, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
usualsuspect23
New Poster (5)

Thank you Gryff, good to hear and thanks for the driving tips, very useful.

I got the quotes from Hertz.co.uk and HolidayAutos UK site and they both say the right things when it comes to SLI, CDW etc. so its looks good.

Just the old saying that if it seems to good to be true... But I've read it about 10 times now, screenshot the hell out of everything, so I'm sure I'm good.

I've gone with HolidayAutos in the end, only as I've used them before, their site explicitly called out the insurance etc and as its almost exactly the same price but I dont have to worry about exchange rates.
usualsuspect23 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 22, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

No problem we’ve got a midsize SUV for 40 nights for just under £1600 the quote from the airport was 5 figures
So an absolute no brainier for us and it’s not far from the villa either and it’s a return to airport and swap out the hire car
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 22, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
MissBianca
VIP Dibber

Thanks so much for this
I’ve just booked a car for the end of august for £240. Even with the Uber cost to pick the car up this is the cheapest I’ve seen. Booked with Holidayautos too.
MissBianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 22, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Amazing! Finally a deal for August. Thanks for sharing.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 22, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
beck_loz
Imagineer

beck_loz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Are all the insurances included with hertz
beck_loz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 22, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Yes if you book through a Uk site or Andy on here
Old 11 Apr 22, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
beck_loz
Imagineer

beck_loz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Thank you for posting, we have just booked
beck_loz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 22, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Arsenal8
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Hi, just wondering why you booked through holiday autos rather than direct? Looking to book this deal and just wondered why? Thanks
Arsenal8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List