Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 12 Apr 22, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Are you booking through the Uk site so you have the correct insurance
We’ve picked up 2 hires now from Winter Haven and a third in June to August worked out a few thousand cheaper for us over the 3 hires even with a one night stand alone
Hertz rental from the airport to pick the car up the next day
You don’t get a choice of car but the two we’ve had have been fine
It’s the airport location it’s a pain to get into best to go to the traffic lights and do a you turn depending from which side you approach of course
Opening times are limited Mon/ Fri 8am / 5pm
Saturday 8am / midday
Sunday closed
A very civilised pick up and takes 5 mins but they are a stickler for your CC being exactly the same as your driving licence or at least the CC having your middle initials
can I ask when you did the one night stand alone did you book the car you wanted for your whole trip and then ask to keep it at Winter Haven, I did this once before with avis and wondered if it was possible here.
Old 12 Apr 22, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

No I booked a compact as it’s only me arriving the first day s no nee can for an SUV
And I’ll have no bags on the way out
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 22, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

No I booked a compact as it’s only me arriving the first day s no nee can for an SUV
And I’ll have no bags on the way out
ok, thanks
Old 13 Apr 22, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Arsenal8
Very Serious Dibber

Thank you for posting this, have used this to book for 2 weeks for under £400, half the price of anything else I could find, and even that seems to include a £40 charge to drop it off at MCO
Arsenal8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 22, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
ellie-mai
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Thank you usualsuspect23, the money saved is great for a couple of hours inconvenience! Really appreciate you posting that, thanks.
ellie-mai is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 22, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

When I’m out next if anyone wants me do do driving directions/ pictures of the airport pick up desk etc I’m happy to do so as I’ve to nip down that way to see friends ( my sneaky week trip is a BA svios fly drive bargin ) and I want to go to a Mexican restaurant / food store with them the restaurant makes the best tomallies ever
/
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 22, 06:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Arsenal8
Very Serious Dibber

When I’m out next if anyone wants me do do driving directions/ pictures of the airport pick up desk etc I’m happy to do so as I’ve to nip down that way to see friends ( my sneaky week trip is a BA svios fly drive bargin ) and I want to go to a Mexican restaurant / food store with them the restaurant makes the best tomallies ever
/
Thank you that would be great
Arsenal8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 22, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
dave
Imagineer

Amazing find. Wil definitely consider next year if prices remain silly. Dummy booking this year would save £1000 on a minivan for 2 weeks. Even paying for airport transfers and Uber to winter haven would still be a great saving. Thanks for posting👍👍
Sunset lakes 01, Weston Hills 03,Indian Ridge 04, Davenport 04, Westridge 06 & 07, Florida Pines 08, Lake Berkley 09, Windsor Hills 10, Emerald Island 12, Westridge 13, Legacy Park 15, Eagle Pointe 16, Loma Linda & Windsor Hills 17, Westridge 18, Bella Vida 19
FLORIDA MASTERS WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2015
HOLIDAY GENIE / TRAVELUP WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2016
dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 22, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Oxfordbhoy
Getting to know the DIBB

Thanks for posting, got a large sedan for £800 for25 days. Closest we could get was £1800 so over a £1k saving
Oxfordbhoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 22, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Folks look at a one day car hire from the airport and then drop off at winter haven
Worked out £40 cheaper for me than a Uber to the villa then a second to Winter Haven
That was including the one way fee which the last time they didn’t charge us as we were picking up a bigger class of car
I just topped the car up at the gas station at Winter Haven Walmart ( Walmart Winter Haven is a day out on its own it’s absolutely huge )