Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 18 Apr 22, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Looks like a brilliant plan. Will be following along as we will hopefully be there at the same time.
Indeed, looks like we will still be needing tests then, I had a vague hope we could skip that step.

Originally Posted by Tillyjcm View Post
Ooh following, loved your last trip report
Thank you.

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Sounds like an amazing line up! Enjoy
I probably have too many bookings, but it is hard to fit everything in that I would like to try.

Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
Sounds amazing, looking forward to your reports as I travel solo as well 😊
I have only done a few days solo previously so this trip will be a bit different as a proper full length holiday.

Originally Posted by 4holibobs View Post
Oh yay! Can’t wait to follow along! Sounds like you have a wonderful trip planned 😎
Can’t believe it is finally nearly here.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 22, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Can’t wait to follow along.

We had a lovely meal at Steakhouse 71 a few weeks ago, and we sat at the bar at Toppolino’s for snacks and cocktails which was also great! I can’t report on any others on your list from that visit though

I wish you better luck at the Gatwick Hilton than I have ever had
I am usually at the Sofitel, not sure how I ended up at the Hilton, this time I booked it as a flight / hotel package, it was probably a booking error on my part.

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
Looking forward to reading along
Thank you, hope it doesn’t disappoint.

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Just 10 days to go. Not long now. Definitely include your birthday treat, I'd love to read about that.
I’m on single digits now…

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Sounds fabulous. You totally need to include your breakfast at Tiffanys.
Breakfast at Tiffany’s is coming up.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 22, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

I feel you on the bookings. I too have too many places I want to go, and not enough days. I’m only 10 nights this time so it’s a bit more tricky.

Hope you manage to fit in all your ‘must dos’.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 22, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
ch1ps
Imagineer

ch1ps's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I'll be following along, I'm going solo in September.
Old 18 Apr 22, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I feel you on the bookings. I too have too many places I want to go, and not enough days. I’m only 10 nights this time so it’s a bit more tricky.

Hope you manage to fit in all your ‘must dos’.
Your post prompted me to go back to my list and pick out my must dos. I decided my top three are: Space 220, Storybook Dining, Topolino’s. Hopefully I make it to them all.
Old 18 Apr 22, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Looking forward to your trip report Claudette. You’ve picked great places 😊
Old 18 Apr 22, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Just avoid 3am fire alarms, floods and needing to change room at 1am and you’ll be fine at the LGW Hilton
Old 19 Apr 22, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Your post prompted me to go back to my list and pick out my must dos. I decided my top three are: Space 220, Storybook Dining, Topolino’s. Hopefully I make it to them all.
Sounds like a great top 3 and I haven’t seen many reviews for them so will be great to read
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 22, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 View Post
Looking forward to your trip report Claudette. You’ve picked great places 😊
I do hope so.

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Just avoid 3am fire alarms, floods and needing to change room at 1am and you’ll be fine at the LGW Hilton
Oh my goodness, I am hoping to have a less eventful stay.

Sounds like a great top 3 and I haven’t seen many reviews for them so will be great to read
No I don’t think I have seen any reviews of Storybook Dining at all, I am sure somebody has reviewed Space recently, although I could be mixing up dibb reviews and vlogs.
Old 19 Apr 22, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Pre trip dining

In a way my WDW holiday countdown hadn’t started because I had today coming up first. Two years ago, I had planned my 50th which was New York / Orlando and I tried to book the New York Blue Box Cafe for breakfast on the day of my 50th (I wasn’t able to but that is besides the point ). Anyway a little while ago I spotted there was a London Blue Box Cafe and I thought maybe I should celebrate my 52nd there. So I did that today.

The Blue Box Cafe is in Harrods on the Lower Ground floor. We were booked for a late breakfast / brunch and arriving too early for Harrods to be open, we decided to have coffee at the Cafe Concerto just opposite. A good spot for people watching and a nice latte but at £5 each, we knew we were in London again.

Our breakfast at Tiffany’s table was booked for 11am. We arrived slightly early but were taken straight to our seats. The breakfast menu includes unlimited tea, coffee and orange juice, a generic starter of fruit and croissant and a choice of main. I picked the eggs florentine for my main and Nev could not look past the steak and eggs. I ordered a side of smoked salmon as well. We also decided to go for the champagne breakfast which included a glass of Moët.

This breakfast was a big hit with both of us. I was delighted to see square croissants and I should add you can choose your filling, I had raspberry and Nev had chocolate … which was a sublime chocolate. Nev’s steak was cooked a perfect medium rare and was full of flavour, I was equally happy with my dish and the generous side of smoked salmon.

The bill was large though, this is not an average day breakfast by any means, but for a special occasion, yes we are very content.