Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 17 Apr 22, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Steamboat Powells: Disney Cruise Staycation Southampton August 2021: Day Three: Relaxation

Day Three: Sunday 29th August: Relaxation and Characters

Day Two is here and the index is here

We woke up a bit later this morning and had chosen to have breakfast at Cabanas. I had pre-ordered a vegan omelette to eat there. Owen and the boys has croissants, doughnuts, eggs, pancakes and Mickey waffles between them. I also got some fresh fruit. The vegan omelete was really good – it had lots of veg and vegan cheese in. I’ve never had the fake eggs before and really enjoyed it.

Today I had two sessions booked in the spa, which we pre-booked a couple of months in advance. I wanted to treat myself and Owen was happy to take the boys character hunting. My first booking was a bamboo massage at 9.15am so we parted ways. The massage was really lovely and relaxing but be forewarned, it involved a sales pitch afterwards of some of the items they used. I did buy the gel she used which I still use on my muscles now and does soothe them. By 10.30am, I was finished and I found Owen and the boys in the atrium. They had seen lots of characters in the hour.

We had planned to go to the pool before the boy’s kid’s club slot so we headed onto the deck. It was really busy today and much warmer than the previous day. We enjoyed the kid’s pool (as the other pool was closed for cleaning) and Owen and Hayden went on the slide multiple times. Ashley and I queued around 20 minutes for the hot tub but it was worth it! For both the pool and the hot tub, you had limited time (around 10 minutes for either), then you had to queue up again which I thought was fair. We decided to stay out on the deck and eat lunch here today, wrapped up in towels! Ashley and Hayden shared some pizza slices. Owen had an Impossible Burger and I got a salad and a vegan hotdog. All were delicious!

We got changed and showered and then took the boys to the kid’s club for 1.15pm. Then I got changed into my running gear to run laps on Deck 4. It was very quiet here and Owen walked laps whilst I ran. Me and Owen got some drinks and dole whips from Deck 10 to cool down. I tried Iced tea but decided it wasn’t to my liking! We also got some magic shots on deck 10 without the boys!

After this we packed and enjoyed sunbathing on the balcony as we realised we hadn’t made enough use of it!

At 3.45pm, we collected the boys and I made my way back to the spa for a 4pm manicure appointment. Again, this was lovely and relaxing and I enjoyed viewing the ship from the front especially with the glorious sunny weather whilst also thinking, uh oh, back to work on Tuesday (I’m a teacher). I finished this around 5pm and found Owen and the boys in the D Lounge doing a quiz. The boys didn’t win anything so were a bit disappointed. They had also met more characters!

We headed back to the room to finish packing and got ready for dinner. We decided to leave our suitcase out (you must do so by 10.30pm) and ensured we had what we needed in our backpacks. Tonight was the Animator’s Palate and I couldn’t wait! I chose to wear my Mickey and pals dress for this restaurant.

The Animator’s Palate was by far the best themed restaurant, just walking up was incredible. The boys were transfixed by all the artwork.

Once again I had pre-ordered my food – a butternut squash soup, spicy tomato pasta and a vegan sundae with chocolate brownie bits. This was by far the best meal in terms of atmosphere and food. The pasta was something made especially for me and I much preferred it to the options on the menu – it was so flavoursome. It was also lovely to have a desert that wasn’t sorbet for a change! Hayden had mac and cheese (again), Ashley had salad and pasta (again) and Owen had the butternut squash soup and black bean cakes.

Once gain our waiters did tricks for the boys and we enjoyed creating our artwork. We gave out our tips and it was a magical finish to our dining experience. We had clearly saved the best until last!

We had a few quick photos in the atrium again. In the end, we had over 80 photos taken and some really lovely family photos with everyone looking at the camera and smiling (a rarity!)

We decided to go to the theatre earlier today based on last night. There were lengthy queues to get in at 8pm for an 8.45pm start. Today would be the Dream show. I had heard this had won awards so was really looking forward to it. Both boys absolutely loved it. My experience was sadly dampened by having a really tall lady in front of me who wore her Minnie ears the entire time so my view wasn’t great. I enjoyed the Rapunzel show more, I think, because of this.

The show finished at 10pm and we returned to find our suitcases had already gone. We put two tired boys to bed and I completed the survey. Owen went out and filmed the ship and went to guest services to settle our bill and put down a placeholder as we had decided we wanted to cruise again! I fell asleep before he returned! A wonderful day but sad that it was over already.

Today's video:

Day Four is here

Edited at 05:09 PM.
Em4owen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List