Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Apr 22, 06:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Donz1979 View Post
So do you think IOA closes before 2pm and universal 7.30?
Also it says exclusive access in hotels will these mean we wont have full use of hotel facilities?
Omg just more stress to this holiday.
I have sent an email to Universal asking
I have read the link somebody posted above. It says the park becomes exclusive to concert guests at 7:30pm. It does not mention exclusive access to hotels, it says exclusive access to evening parks. There is nothing to suggest your hotel experience would be compromised.

If I had booked these dates, I would not be immediately thrilled. But thinking about it, when Magic Kingdom closes early for an event, it is absolutely the best day to go as so many stay away (as is the first reaction here) and crowds are low during the daytime.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 22, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
M.I.C.K.E.Y
Getting Excited

M.I.C.K.E.Y's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We are staying at HRH during this time.

As I understand it ….

Thursday 25th August :-
Concert goers who buy a ticket package can check into their chosen Universal hotel from 2pm. We arrive on this date but will hopefully miss the rush as we plan to get to the hotel early to make the most of our express passes. The concert ticket package does not include admission to the park on Thursday. This may mean that there will be quite a lot of people staying at universal hotels on 25th that are not going to use the parks. This sounds good to me.
The only negative for Thursday is that a large area of Citywalk (not sure how much but I have seen a list of restaurants that included Cowfish, Hotdog hall of fame and Bob Marley) will be reserved on Thursday evening for a party that can only be accessed by concert ticket holders. This will limit the restaurants we can choose in the evening.

Friday 26th August :-
Maroon 5 ticket holders can access IOA from 2pm. For regular guests the plan would have to be to head to IOA when the park opens and then move over to US when the Morons (or whatever the collective noun is for M5 fans ) swarm into IOA.
Concert ticket holders can go into US from 7 or 8pm so I’m guessing US will close earlier than this for regular guests.

Our entire holiday is only for 1 week and our HRH stay is in the middle of that week. This is probably influencing my decision not to change the dates of our stay but (other than Citywalk being limited/closed on Thursday evening) our stay at HRH shouldn’t be badly impacted.

M.I.C.K.E.Y

Edited at 08:10 AM.
M.I.C.K.E.Y is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 22, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry for all questions so looks like just the Thurs will affect city walk and Friday the parks,Saturday should be back to normal? (We arrive early Friday, hoping get to hotel 7am and leave Sunday)
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 22, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Sorry for all questions so looks like just the Thurs will affect city walk and Friday the parks,Saturday should be back to normal? (We arrive early Friday, hoping get to hotel 7am and leave Sunday)
Yes on Thursday some of CityWalk will be exclusive in the evening. On Friday evening Universal Studios park (one park) will be exclusive to music guests and Saturday back to normal.

Wouldn’t bother me at all, in fact I think if anything it would be a good time to go for reasons mentioned in my previous post.

Edited at 08:42 AM.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 22, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Yes on Thursday some of CityWalk will be exclusive in the evening. On Friday Universal Studios park will be exclusive to music guests and Saturday back to normal.

Wouldn’t bother me at all, in fact I think if anything it would be a good time to go for reasons mentioned in my previous post.
Thank you think panic over now 😁
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 22, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
M.I.C.K.E.Y
Getting Excited

M.I.C.K.E.Y's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Yeah, that's how it reads to me.

Citywalk will be affected on Thursday evening.
IOA will get busier 2pm-7pm on Friday.
US will be closed for regular guests early on Friday.

Hotel pool areas may become a little busier on Thursday afternoon, Friday morning and Saturday (concert goers may not have much else to do). Again I can't see this being a problem for most regular hotel guests who will want to be in the parks using their express passes.

Edited at 12:27 PM.
M.I.C.K.E.Y is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 22, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

I have had a reply email from Universal which says nothing. They said no times have yet been agreed and to check 1-2mths before. Find this very hard to believe myself.
Old 24 Apr 22, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
sophie1405
Imagineer

No IOA is open to everyone it won't close its saying they can go in there from then as that will be part of there package, Universal studios will close at 7.30 for everyone if they haven't got this ticket.

Can't stay away <3
sophie1405 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 06:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

The times have been updated on the app now.

Friday 26th Studios will close at 6. City walk timings have not been posted yet.

Edited at 06:37 AM.
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 22, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
grinner82
Imagineer

grinner82's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 19
Guidebook Photos: 83
Guidebook Reviews: 10
At $495 for a ticket, and that’s the cheapest price i’m glad i’m not a M5 fan! I’m lucky that even though we are onsite at universal , we are off to MNSSHP that day so won’t really affect. I’m thinking of going to seaworld now on the 25th rather then the 24th as can eat there in the evening and there for avoid city walk that day. Thanks for the post though as I had no idea.