Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 26 Apr 22, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile Manchester airport EasyJet to Sequoia Lodge travel day

Back today from DLP -Sequoia Lodge and been asked for a few bits of info so I’ll do a trippie.

Booked direct with Disney so everything in. 3 nights - flights, hotel, 4 days park tickets - cost about 814.
Ummed n ahhed over transport from CDG to hotel - booked Magical Shuttle - cost 46 euros each way (both of us).

Everything on news and articles that pop up I was getting very worried about Manchester airport. Our flight was 7a.m Friday - the taxi said they would pick us up at 3 because of the issues - he arrived at 2.30 and we were actually there by 3.15! Was glad as there did appear to be a long queue and I was getting very anxious - but we actually checked in and went through security by 4.30. Dd is travel sick and so needed to eat went to Giraffe which opened at 5. The food was “ok” but DD started to be sick so on that side of things everything went downhill very fast. The board was saying gate info at 6.15 so I kept thinking our flight was delayed - but I overheard an announcement for some special request passengers for our flight (special assistance I think) and heard the gate so headed that way. At 6.15 our gate was shown it was immediate boarding. Pilot announced a 1 hour 30 flight, someone else came on the radio and announced 1 hour 15 and we were off! Dd was VERY sick on the flight but we were up then down she was still in the toilets being sick when the pilot announced we were landing! I actually love EasyJet! As soon as we landed switch in your phones etc and get off my plane haha! All very quick.
Went to collect our bags - they were off very quick (relief after seeing reports of no bags).

Now we had a dilemma the night before as DD discovered her covid pass/nhs app was domestic only and needed verifying. It wasn’t verified when we took off and we both had visions of being refused. As soon as we landed she switched on her phone and it was verified. Passport control - they never asked for the covid pass and didn’t speak or even look at us. Could’ve been wearing comedy moustache and glasses for all they noticed.

Then we had to find the shuttle. I had the instructions but asked anyway (cos I always have to have it confirmed about 20 times). We landed at 2B exit bag pick up turn left and keep walking until you think you can’t walk anymore. We got to 2F and I couldn’t see any signs or anything and there weren’t many people to ask. I saw 2 ladies just outside M & S and showed them the shuttle paper they pointed then to the right down past M&S but there was still no one around, a sign in the wall with an arrow to the carpark or to tickets but no sign of a desk. So I walked out to the carpark and asked the driver and he told us to get in the bus.
Quite a quick trip to Sequoia lodge - we stopped at 2 hotels before - they were not ones I had heard of but they had Magic in the name I think. It seemed long though as DD felt very ill.
Arrived at hotel - security belt for bags and cases.
Oh and don’t forget the form for the hotel - though they do have them if you haven’t already done them - like a passenger information form.
Checked in - rooms not open until 3 but they give you your key which is your magic pass.
There was a long queue outside the hotel which I thought was check in but it was bag drop - dd was feeling very ill and hungry by this point and someone was smiling down on us as this CM just came over and said “une?” And took our case.
So we headed off to Disney village. There is security at either side ti get into Disney village and most times it’s quite quiet. A bag X-ray and a body scanner.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 22, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’m so glad you got there. I was wondering about the covid pass and if you had managed ok ! Typical that they didn’t even ask for it.
Every sympathy with the travel sickness, my daughter is too.
That price sounds really good. I’ve been looking for later in the year and on-site is just extortionate.

Hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 22, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
So sorry about your DD partner the same very travel sick on planes.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 22, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Thanks for taking the time to do this - what an eventful travel day but sounds like you are used to the travel sickness! Poor thing 😢

Anyway, you’re there now and I’m looking forward to the rest of your trippie 😍
Col&Ali is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 22, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by cartoonp View Post
So sorry about your DD partner the same very travel sick on planes.
Dd is always VERY sick and it’s always worried me as she is diabetic so her being sick always worries me for her levels. Doctor prescribed DOMPERIDONE and it’s a Godsend but with the flight being an hour she thought she would be ok.
Yesterday coming home - she was ok. We think anxiety of travel after so long adds to it but also waking up at 1a.m and not really eating doesn’t help. Yesterday we had breakfast and dinner and she was fine on the flight.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List