Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 27 Apr 22, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile Sequoia Lodge - Sunday 2nd full day.

Sunday.
We decided to eat at Earl of Sandwich. As vegetarians we didn’t have much option. We opted for a cheese and egg roll. I’ll be honest it reminded me of plane food. It was like a scrambled egg and cheese sealed roll thing. I really didn’t like the coffee.
We absolutely loved Disneyland Park and so decided we wanted to do this park again. On both Saturday and Sunday we stopped to have a coffee and a croissant at the Bakery in Main Street. It’s lovely just to take the weight off your feet and chill. The rides didn’t seem to bad queue- wise.
We did the mountains again and haunted mansion. Dd really wanted to do Snow White/Peter pan and Pinocchio but they really attract long queues. We queued for Pinocchio but then decided we wanted to eat and after the 1st day obviously Casey’s was off the cards and then we didn’t want to have the vegan burger again we decided to leave the Disneyland park and go to Studios and find somewhere to eat. We went into the Sound stage - I don’t know what it’s called but it was the quick service place where there was seating upstairs. We had the fish burgers and fries and once again the fries were really tasty. The French are very good at the French fries! Dd wanted to do Tower or Terror - it’s a hard pass from me so I asked if there was a chicken exit - the poor guy must have thought I was crazy! Dd said it was different from Florida and said she thought it was once again way better!
We checked out Crushes Coaster but it was 120 minutes wait so we decided to pass. We did Slinky and DD felt queasy (good job we didn’t do crush) so we had a look in the shops and then headed back to the hotel to freshen up before tea. Also I had been umming and ahhing on the shuttle for the following day so I went to speak to the concierge.
We went to Planet Hollywood for tea.
The food was good but the process was quite annoying to be honest. It was pretty quiet when we got in - around 5ish. We were taken to a table given a cocktail menu and told to scan the QR code make a wish list and that someone would be with us soon. It seemed to be ages and then a photographer came over said that the deal at Planet Hollywood was someone takes your pics, then someone brings the pics and asks if you want them and takes your order. It was pretty empty and servers were stood around but they weren’t coming to us until a guy appeared with the photos tried to sell them to us then we still had to wait for a server come to take our order.
We had a garlic bread to share and then I had veggie bolognaise and then dd had a creamy broccoli pasta and we were stuffed! We each had a cocktail and it came to about 80 euros.
After eating we went into Disneyland park - we walked straight on Haunted mansion, about a 20 wait for Thunder mountain, straight on POTC, straight on Snow White - had to concede not to do Peter Pan - it was still about 50 minutes. Walked straight on Hyperspace mountain and then we both felt queasy - possibly too soon after eating! We decided to have a look around the shops and a last wander around before we headed back, had a look around the shops in Disney Village picking up some souvenirs then we went back to pack.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 22, 04:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Logan
Imagineer

Again, another great report. I like Rainforest cafe too, but must say that would be very annoying re photographer if that's the norm. I can't stand being hassled or pressurised into buying things, it would nearly cause me to walk out!
Logan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 22, 06:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Again, another great report. I like Rainforest cafe too, but must say that would be very annoying re photographer if that's the norm. I can't stand being hassled or pressurised into buying things, it would nearly cause me to walk out!
Rainforest cafe you just got served. The only thing was we ordered cokes the server asked if we wanted water for the table, brought us glasses and we never got water. I asked for another coke and she looked at the glasses and said about the water but we still didn’t get any.
Planet Hollywood was the photographer and it annoyed me. I don’t like having my photo taken and think I look awful in photos but at least in your own photos you can get them before other people see them. They make you do some stupid poses and it feels uncomfortable. Then they bring the photos before anyone takes your food. My daughter is diabetic and needed to eat and it was taking ages. I have to admit at one point as we weee waiting I cruelly considered just leaving - if we knew we could just walk straight in somewhere and get food I would have done.
Shame as the food was good and thing is they weren’t rude (obviously cos they are trying to sell you something) so I felt like I had to go along with stuff.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 22, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Logan
Imagineer

Oh right, sorry. Not a Planet Hollywood fan anyway.
Logan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 22, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Oh right, sorry. Not a Planet Hollywood fan anyway.
We went at DLP when we first went (DD was about 4 so 19 years ago) and I think we loved it.
A couple of years ago we went to New York and DD treated us to a meal at Planet Hollywood near Times Square. Having been years ago and liking it I actually had it in my mind as like Hard Rock. I felt GRUBBY in there. It really felt shabby. So I was a little apprehensive going in DLP but DD didn’t want to go rainforest again.
The place was fine, nice and clean etc and the food was good. It was just the photograph side of things that was annoying. If you can be polite but firm you might be ok - I was gritting just teeth and bubbling inside.