Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 13 May 22, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Grand Floridian Resort Studios bookable from today

Looks like the earliest date is the 20th June if anyone's interested.

I'm tempted as think they look really nice, but we're at the Poly for our 1st week in November/December and those studios there are SO much bigger.

Standard, lagoon and Theme park views, 1st 2 are the same points as the current GF rooms, the TPVs are of course, more.

Good luck if you're going for one!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

I am hoping to book GF for July 2023, have the rooms there been updated and if they have do you know where I can see any pictures?
August 2018 - Villa at Oak Island Community
December 2021 - Art of Animation Cars Suite
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post

I don’t know what it is about the GF but every time I visit an a resort hop that it just feels to posh for me to stay.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disneydads View Post
I don’t know what it is about the GF but every time I visit an a resort hop that it just feels to posh for me to stay.
I never liked it as a resort in years of owning DVC it was the one resort we'd never stayed at, I remember visiting one year when my DD was doing the Mad Hatters Tea Party (she turns 27 this year to give you an idea of how long ago this was!) and felt it reminded me of a 1930's horror film, with the piped music around the grounds.

It was only in the last couple of years I wanted to try it, we stayed there in February and just completely fell in love with it, gorgeous resort!

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney Jo View Post
I am hoping to book GF for July 2023, have the rooms there been updated and if they have do you know where I can see any pictures?
I was posting about the new resort rooms that they've converted into DVC studios opening next month, booking goes live today. We stayed in a current 2 bed in February, it was beautiful, I've no idea if and when they were refurbed.

Old 13 May 22, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
I was posting about the new resort rooms that they've converted into DVC studios opening next month, booking goes live today. We stayed in a current 2 bed in February, it was beautiful, I've no idea if and when they were refurbed.
Thank you. I am thinking of renting through a DVC company and see they had Studio and Resort Studio options. It is my DD dream hotel, she is also a big Mary Poppins fan and I see a picture of the pull down bed having a Mary Poppins theme behind it (think it was the 5th sleeper), i need to make sure I pick the correct one between studio and resort studio but I am unsure which one it is
August 2018 - Villa at Oak Island Community
December 2021 - Art of Animation Cars Suite
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

I was just about to post that the resort rooms are available. I absolutely love GF and had been trying to get a room there in September for months and months. We love BC too so we have just booked the first 3 nights and last 3 nights at GF and kept the room at BC for the middle 4 nights. Ideally we would have split is half and half but our BC room is smack bang in the middle. We don’t mind moving as there’s only 2 of us, we are just excited to get the new rooms at GF (big Mary Poppins fan!).
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 22, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I'm just pleased that some people are obviously trying it as it opened up availability at the other resorts. We'd managed to move our 1st week in December to The Poly all bar the last night, so waitlisted it but were prepared to move for that 1 night, but it popped up with these opened up so win win.

I was tempted to move the whole week to these, but the final decider for us was the Kuerig instead of a proper coffee machine, some things just can't be compromised on