Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 13 May 22, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
HermioneGranger
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Our 2022 Honeymoon - NYC, SF, LA, SD and Hawaii - Pre Travel Day

Pre travel day - Tuesday 10 May 2022

I woke up around 3.30 am panicking about the covid test. I managed to get back to sleep until about 7.30 when I admitted defeat. I was definitely still feeling the effects of the wedding and could have done with a lot more snoozing.

I had a coffee whilst I finished off my packing list and sorted out some bits and bobs. I also did a practice test just to make sure and it was negative.

It was soon 10am and time for the tests. I dialled in to the waiting room and soon was on a call with the chap from Qured. My hands were shaking so much I struggled to open the packaging. Test completed, we soon had the negative results we were hoping for. I can’t even begin to describe the sense of relief I felt at that point, it was like a 10 tonne weight had been lifted off my chest. We were officially going on honeymoon!

After this, we got ready and went to change our wedding money into dollars. I couldn’t believe how generous people had been - we were so lucky. We chose to get half in cash and half on the Tui card. Everything changed and loaded we popped into boots for blister plasters. My feet were absolutely cut to bits by my wedding shoes and I was really suffering. Hopefully these plasters help enough that we can keep up with all our plans.

After that, we popped into Greggs for some lunch. Two sausage, egg and cheese bakes and two sausage rolls later we were back in the car on my way home. Our certificates had been sent to us while we were out so we sorted out our VeriFLY (I say we, I mean Chris) and checked in. We picked our seats - an aisle and a middle with a spare seat next to the window and kept our fingers crossed there was no one else sitting there tomorrow!

I packed the rest of my case and then weighed it with my borrowed weighing scale - 21kgs! My mum and dad came over to get our spare key. We had a cuppa and chatted about the wedding before they headed back home.

By this point I was dying to get going so I jumped in the shower, got myself sorted and then tried to pass the time before we could leave. At 1800 the taxi arrived for the airport and we were on our way.

We dropped our bags and then headed up to security. It’s the busiest I’ve seen it for such a long time but we were through in about 20 minutes. Neither of us were picked for any additional scanning which is unusual for me - I must have that type of face haha.

Frankie and Bennys was calling our name so after a short queue we were sat at our table. Whilst we were waiting, Chris’ auntie came over - they were heading home from the airport at the same time!

I got a classic hot dog which comes with fries and Chris got the classic burger and Cajun cheese fries. I failed completely at taking photos here but I’m going to do better from tomorrow!

We did our usual Smith’s shop for some water and then headed to the gate. The flight was really quiet, probably about half full so we got a row to ourselves. The plane was delayed by about 45 mins as there was a bag onboard but whoever had checked it in hadn’t got on the plane. I watched a couple of episodes of friends and started typing this up. I honestly can’t believe we’re here and on our way.

We landed at 2220 and then sat on the runway for 30 minutes as they didn’t have an air gate or any steps. By the time we got off our cases were there. We grabbed them, headed for a taxi and got to the Premier Inn. I love a Premier Inn as you always know exactly what you’re getting and this was no exception. It was half 11 by this point and our alarms were set for 0445 so it was time to snooze and in the morning it was time for NYC!
HermioneGranger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 22, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Congratulations on your wedding! 🍾🥂
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 22, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Congratulations on your wedding and looking forward to reading along.
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List