Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 16 May 22, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

At Easter we stayed in the Premier Inn at Southwick Station (The Cut)-there are a few in the area! We really enjoyed it and thought it was in a great location on the Southbank, the other PI suggested were all fully booked that week. We are going back down in the Summer and decided to stay there again as it was easy to walk to the Tower of London and Big Ben. We were just along from Waterloo and there was a subway station over the road. The bus stop round the corner also takes you to Kings Cross so we thought it was a good base for us.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 22, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

We are staying one night in June. I was gutted to read its one of those under refurb so no breakfast. Not sure what the other option is apart from finding somewhere external nearby which will no doubt cost an arm and a leg as kids eat free at the Premier Inn.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 22, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
CreakingStool
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
As we use the train for trips to London I do find it conveniant to book PI at Euston or St Pancras so that cases are easy to drop off and pick up when arriving but especially departing. It can be a pain having to back track to the hotel before heading to the station.
Saying that I've stayed all over the show when low cost has been important and transport is so good in London its never been a problem, just obviously factor in journey times 👍

A long awaited Disney Fix. DLP June 2023, me and my girl

CreakingStool is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 22, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Imagineer

My favourite is the Southwark (Bankside) one next to Borough Market. It's a short walk from London Bridge station and there are loads of food options right nearby - Pret, Bills, Costa, Wagamamas, Nando's plus Borough Market itself.
HFJohnson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 22, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We always stay at the Kings Cross (York Road) PI as our train goes to there and its great for leaving the bags on the last day. It's so easy to get anywhere from KX too.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List