Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 22 May 22, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

You had me at Hallo: Berlin 2022 Day 5

Back for another one.

Today consists of the Zoo and travelling pretty much.

We were up bright and early at 7am and got ourselves fully ready and packed.
We had already checked that we could leave our bags downstairs and they gave us 3 tickets for our 2 x cases 1 z backpack.

We left at 9:15 and I got a chai and Pecan bun from Espressohouse for 8 Euro. I didn't want to be rude and eat in the masked UBahn though!

We got off at the Zoo stop so I ate the whole bun on our 5 minute walk from station to zoo entrance.

The Zoo was a little busy at the entrance but we grabbed our tickets for 17.50 Euro each and made our way straight in.

Honestly this zoo is so pretty and seemingly easy to navigate.

The most exciting things about Berlin zoo is that they have 4 PANDAS!
Now I am convinced I have never seen a panda before in real life. But now I have and they are so cute.

There is mum and dad, and 2 babies who were born in 2019. It was obviously the popular attraction of the zoo as the area got busier as time went on.

My other favourites are red pandas but they were asleep
Otherwise I love an orangutan, a seal and a hippo!

We were on abit of a time crunch here as our flight was this afternoon. So we headed out through the giftshop(Jess bought a panda mug). And we were out at 12:30ish.

We(don't judge me) were hungry so went to the Mcdonalds across the road and I ordered a strawberry milkshake and a McRib for 7 Euro.

It was alright, just messy! We used the toilets in here for 50 cents each and got the UBahn back to Potsdamer Platz.

We grabbed our bags, I had to go in the bag room to locate my backpack and there were literally hundreds of bags in there!

We knew the train we could get was the RB10 straight to the airport and they run hourly so we boarded this at 13:52 to get to the Terminal at 2:20.

Our flight was due to depart at 5:55 so we were just being prepared!

There were so few seats upstairs in the terminal and bag drop was yet to be open so we went back down to Auf die Hand and sat there.
I just grabbed a Limoaid for 3.50 Euro.

We didn't have to kill too much time with our bags as the bag drop opened at 3:25. we got through security by 3:45.

Even with them pulling Jess aside because of the panda mug from the zoo

There wasn't much choice on the other side foodwise either but we went for Asia Gourmet.
I had the popcorn chicken with sweet and sour and rice with a Fuse raspberry tea. This was 11 Euro and it was fine, just very standard cheap fare.

Our gate was announced as D07 which is a 21 minute walk! So we just thought best to grab drinks and snacks and grab a seat.

Annoyingly our flight was delayed, there were some absolute morons trying to board the plane...it hadn't even arrived yet

Jess had to explain to these people that they would be told when boarding was open.

We boarded around 6:20 and took off at 7 I think.

We landed at 7:45 and got bags, security all done by just after 8pm.

Jess's dad greeted us at the airport and she went to catch her bus. Luckily the next train to Brighton was at 8:15 so I was on my way quite quickly too.

As it was Bank Holiday my walk home was chaotic too!

Thanks for reading!

Thoughts
I really loved Berlin. So easy to get around and everyone was friendly and chilled out. I do wish I had tried German food, spent some time at Tiergarten and maybe spent longer at Charlottenberg but we had a really lovely time and were so lucky with the weather too!

Future Plans
We are not going to Florida this year, Arron is currently passport-less but he will be applying imminently.
He has suggested doing a similar type of trip to this one. My thoughts are Copenhagen or Barcelona/Salou but i'm leaving him to think about it too!

Otherwise i'm going to spend a few days in summer in Weston-super-Mare to see my parents, and me & Jess may do a little Roadtrip to see Blind Channel.

We HOPE that next year is maybe a Eurovision trip and a bigger holiday with Arron
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Adorable panda photos! Great report and I’ve enjoyed reading along
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 22, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
We saw pandas at the zoo in Washington DC! A fun last day at the zoo for you both. I've not been to Copenhagen before, so I'd love to see that trip report if you do go there! Thanks for sharing your trip to Berlin it's been fun to read it.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 22, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
steel1203
Excited about Disney

Hi just back from Berlin and had a great time albeit the weather was cold! Did similar stuff to you, zoo, breakfast at tv tower, Reigstag, boat trip, walking tour etc and went to a few beer gardens just wish we had the weather to enjoy them. Thanks for doing the trip report 👍
steel1203 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 22, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by CrispyA View Post
Adorable panda photos! Great report and I’ve enjoyed reading along
I honestly just loved the pandas so much!

Thanks for reading 😘

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
We saw pandas at the zoo in Washington DC! A fun last day at the zoo for you both. I've not been to Copenhagen before, so I'd love to see that trip report if you do go there! Thanks for sharing your trip to Berlin it's been fun to read it.
Copenhagen looks more likely now so will certainly pop up a report if we do go! I think their zoo has pandas too weirdly.
I love writing a trip so thanks for reading!

Originally Posted by steel1203 View Post
Hi just back from Berlin and had a great time albeit the weather was cold! Did similar stuff to you, zoo, breakfast at tv tower, Reigstag, boat trip, walking tour etc and went to a few beer gardens just wish we had the weather to enjoy them. Thanks for doing the trip report 👍
Ahh glad you ticked off all those things but a shame the weather wasn't so nice for you! Think it's always hard weather-wise in Europe!
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List