Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 2 Jun 22, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
SarasotaScottie
Helping Minnie

Sun pass Pro- where did I go wrong

So we’ve just spent a few days on Sanibel. Before we went I purchased a Sun Pass pro, registered it, added the rental car license plate and added funds.
Stuck the sun pass pro to the window as instructed and off we went.

I’ve just checked the account and no transactions at all so it looks like I’ve done something stupid and well now be paying whatever penalties Avis apply to us.

Where did I go wrong - any ideas? The sun pass shows as activated, the rental car is there but nothing else. What on earth did I miss?

Edited at 12:50 PM.
SarasotaScottie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 22, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Are you sure that you used toll roads?
Old 2 Jun 22, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

We’re picking one up today to use for our next trip in august, was it easy to set it up?

My concern is would we get charged by the rental company as well as the sun pass transponder.

We’re in Naples this week, the only tolls we used were getting here from Miami. Driving over to Sanibel today, I think the only toll road is over to the island, is that correct? Maybe it takes time to show the charge on your account?
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 22, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
SarasotaScottie
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by 7SeasSailor View Post
Are you sure that you used toll roads?

Definitely. There is a toll going on to Sanibel which cannot be paid any way other than electronically.
SarasotaScottie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 22, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
SarasotaScottie
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
We’re picking one up today to use for our next trip in august, was it easy to set it up?

My concern is would we get charged by the rental company as well as the sun pass transponder.

We’re in Naples this week, the only tolls we used were getting here from Miami. Driving over to Sanibel today, I think the only toll road is over to the island, is that correct? Maybe it takes time to show the charge on your account?
It was really easy to set up although I’ve obviously not done it properly. I also made sure that the car hire one which was attached to the windshield stayed closed as it stated to open it to use it. I am just so angry that I can’t operate what should be something simple. I’m having issues with a Fairfx card which customer services are not interested in saying I must be the problem. I’m certainly beginning to feel that it must be me.

According to one of my neighbours here in Sarasota the toll should show within 24 hours (we crossed onto the Island on Monday) so should be through by now.
Old 2 Jun 22, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Hi
It can take a few days for the tolls to appear on your account depending on the toll authority. A wiser DIBBER might know but from many years ago one bridges in the area which had tolls wasn’t included in Sunpass e-tolls.
Alex
Alibayparc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 22, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SarasotaScottie View Post
It was really easy to set up although I’ve obviously not done it properly. I also made sure that the car hire one which was attached to the windshield stayed closed as it stated to open it to use it. I am just so angry that I can’t operate what should be something simple. I’m having issues with a Fairfx card which customer services are not interested in saying I must be the problem. I’m certainly beginning to feel that it must be me.

According to one of my neighbours here in Sarasota the toll should show within 24 hours (we crossed onto the Island on Monday) so should be through by now.
There’s a web chat on the Sunpass site, have you tried asking them?
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 22, 01:58 AM  
Link to this Post
SarasotaScottie
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
There’s a web chat on the Sunpass site, have you tried asking them?
Hi, thanks for the suggestion. I tried a little while ago but they couldn’t help. They thought perhaps the Avis transponder overrides the sun pass but we kept the Avis one closed so that shouldn’t happen.
Frankly nothing would surprise me, this has been the worst car hire we’ve ever had - filthy vehicle (pizza stains on the roof above the driving seat) , engine management light on and off, no washer fluid, tyre pressure low as we left the airport and so on.
Old 3 Jun 22, 03:43 AM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Alibayparc View Post
Hi
It can take a few days for the tolls to appear on your account depending on the toll authority. A wiser DIBBER might know but from many years ago one bridges in the area which had tolls wasn’t included in Sunpass e-tolls.
Alex
We use a Sunpass Pro; the toll appears without delay on our Sunpass account.
We went through a toll 3 hours ago; already deducted on our account.

Edited at 03:46 AM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 22, 03:58 AM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

On your Sunpass account, is the transponder listed & showing as active as well as the correct licence plate?

Edited at 04:03 AM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List