Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 8 Jun 22, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Flojo224
VIP Dibber

Flojo224's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
AttractionTickets.com- Genie+ issue- updated pg.3 - all sorted & great service

So, I had an email from ATD this morning telling me that as I hadn't paid my Disney tickets (which had Genie+ on) in full by 31st May they have now removed Genie+ from the booking.

I have trawled through every part of my emails, junk, span, deleted etc. etc. and I have had no email from them asking for payment, other than the one that says pay 6 weeks before travel).

Called them and they just say that an email went out to all tickets that had Genie+ on them. I advised them that I had had no such email and asked for the date it was sent - she couldn't tell me. I asked for a copy of the email sent specifically to me - they can't do that.

Basically the outcome is that even if they didn't send me the email then its hard luck as they can't readd them now anyway!

Asked if they would allow me to cancel my tickets and book somewhere else (not because I can get Genie+ elsewhere, more because I really don't want to give ATD thousands of pounds of my money!) and was told no, I am bound by their terms and conditions - I reminded them that they are bound by the same T&C's s well, to which I got, they do state we may withdraw tickets etc.!

Then went on to try and blame Disney for withdrawing prebooked Genie+ - No, its not their fault, its your (ATD) fault for not sending me the email asking me to pay!

I'm so disappointed in ATD

2000, 2002, 2003/4, 2011 - Villa
2005 - Disneyland Paris
2007 - Disneyland, California
2014 - Cumbrian Lakes Villa
2017 - Orlando Dream Villa, Lindfields
2018 - No Disney Parks trip
2020 - Let’s do all the parks again - the trip that never was 😔
2022 - Miami & The Parks
2024 - Bahama’s Mini Cruise, Universal & lots of Halloween

Edited at 11:24 AM.
Flojo224 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 22, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
It's not good that you didn't receive the email. In fact, I would've expected ATD to send out at least 2 emails about this - one when they first knew that Disney was changing things and then another a day or so before the deadline to remind their customers.

I assume you'll get a refund (or a reduction in the remaining amount you need to pay) because of the lack of Genie+? They aren't providing this part of what you booked therefore you shouldn't have to pay for that. So at least you can use that reduction in price to buy Genie+ on the day.

BTW, there were some threads here on the DIBB (and elsewhere) mentioning that Disney was removing the option to pre-purchase Genie+ with tickets beforehand. A few DIBBers did confirm that ATD needed the balance to be paid before the end of May in order to secure Genie+ with tickets. Admittedly, that doesn't excuse ATD from not making you aware of the change - not everyone reads the DIBB!

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 22, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Not good and I would be annoyed too. The problem is they probably have the T&Cs on their side. Your contract said you needed to pay the balance 6 weeks out and you didn’t. The email reminders won’t be a contractual obligation so it probably doesn’t matter if you got it or not, only for the fact it would serve as a reminder.

Certainly leaves a sour taste though.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 22, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
EEB
I have Ears

This has happened to us today too! No email at all to say we needed to pay in full by the 31st May - only ones to say we need to book our park reservations.

I was aware they were removing it, the posts I read were buy it asap as it would be off the website soon, so I reserved them. I didn’t see anything about paying in full but I guess I missed it here!

Got the same excuses as you and they said they would check with Disney if anything can be done. I’ll see what they say but I’m not hopeful at all.

Failing that my plan is to call Disney myself and explain our own individual situation. I don’t trust what ATD will say to them considering this has happened. I’ve always found Disney to go above and beyond when I’ve spoken to them about other things so always worth a try to see if they can sprinkle any pixie dust considering it’s ATDs mistake, not ours.

Edited at 03:01 PM.
EEB is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 22, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
steve30
Very Serious Dibber

I get an email about this from ATD, but it was related to being hotel+ticket customer which is treated differently I believe.
steve30 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 22, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Warp
Gone all Goofy

Hi. I did recieve an email but it went to my junk mail. I got very lucky i suppose as I noticed it by chance when I was looking for something else. Such a big change should of been much better notified by AT. Hopefully Disney themselves will be able to help.
Warp is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 22, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Unfortunately email isn't guaranteed. Depending on your email provider it may have ended up in spam, or something somewhere else along the lines may have stopped it coming from one reason or another.

Ideally they should have also tried calling you a couple of days before the date if you hadn't taken any action.

Unfortunately it is ultimately Disney's change of rules, and they are in a sticky situation now, whether ultimately their fault or not. As Nimbus said there were plenty of posts on the dibb, FB groups, and various other pages about the change, but it isn't your responsibility to have to make the effort to check those of course!

While I appreciate you might want a refund, a lot of prices have gone up, so you might end up in an even worse situation if you did purely to that. AT are normally a very reputable company.

Edited at 03:56 PM.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 22, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Ades_mum
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

I feel your pain. I stumbled across an email from Florida tix on the 1st of June in my junk from a few days before saying the tickets needed paid in full by 31st or would be replaced be normal tickets without genie plus.

I called them and to be fair they were very helpful. The advisor apologised as I explained the email was so generic many people might have thought it was just an offer and ignored it. Suggested they could have put booking reference on it to at least highlight it referred to your booking but apparently the had to send nearly 4,000 emails so couldn’t personalise.

They managed to sort the genie plus as long as I paid then and there. Got confirmation of tickets so looks like there was some slight leeway with it. Sorry that doesn’t help you now!x
Ades_mum is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 22, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Shutterbug
Excited about Disney

I got the email, ticket only customer with tickets booked for next Jan, I ignored it as genie plus wasn't great for us this year when we used it, but considering how emails get stuck and lost in the ether, perhaps a couple of reminders after that may have been beneficial as it looks as it a few people didn't receive it.
Shutterbug is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 22, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

I won't use them again. They are quick to take your money but their customer aftercare is rubbish.
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List