Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 13 Jun 22, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Anne View Post
We've decided on an Airbnb has we are on our way to play golf in Scarborough so have two sets of clubs and trollies.

Found one with it's own parking space outside. However, I can't verify my identity for the host as I have no valid photo ID. Live chat have suggested booking somewhere else
Anne, one of our air B and B hosts asked me to add a photo before they’d let me book, I just used one I’d already taken, for me it didn’t need to be an official photo, could you go back and check if they’ll accept one you’ve already got?
Loulou127 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 22, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Anne, one of our air B and B hosts asked me to add a photo before they’d let me book, I just used one I’d already taken, for me it didn’t need to be an official photo, could you go back and check if they’ll accept one you’ve already got?
Oh, I can't see an option for that at all. Could be that I've missed it though so will look again.
Anne is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 22, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Oh, I can't see an option for that at all. Could be that I've missed it though so will look again.
Anne, try in your profile, that’s where my photo is and it’s ticked that my identity is verified x
Loulou127 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 22, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Anne, try in your profile, that’s where my photo is and it’s ticked that my identity is verified x

This is driving me potty. Found somewhere else where the host only requires a picture of me. Uploaded one to my profile and it still won't accept the booking.

Wish me luck as I will now do a passport application this week.
Anne is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 22, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We've decided on an Airbnb has we are on our way to play golf in Scarborough so have two sets of clubs and trollies.

Found one with it's own parking space outside. However, I can't verify my identity for the host as I have no valid photo ID. Live chat have suggested booking somewhere else
Just be careful with advertised parking spots in York. check the space on Google maps. I nearly booked an apartment but when I checked, I’d never have fitted the car in that ‘courtyard’ spot!
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 22, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disneywiseowl View Post
Just be careful with advertised parking spots in York. check the space on Google maps. I nearly booked an apartment but when I checked, I’d never have fitted the car in that ‘courtyard’ spot!
Thanks for the warning. Have ended up booking a cottage not too far from York.
Old 16 Jun 22, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
ccjames
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Another vote for the Hilton, on site parking and very central. We liked Pairings wine bar round the corner from the hotel - it’s very popular so you need to book well in advance
ccjames is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List