Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 15 Jun 22, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Photogirl62 View Post
That’s a good point - if it’s got explosives it will be the same whether in hand or hold so do they check the cases? I know I’ve often had my cases searched - they always leave a letter inside telling you they’ve done so - but not had candles in them at the time
I just think I won’t buy any candles this year, I’ll get the melts instead 😅
ScoopsAhoy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 22, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

we fly BA who have 23kg cabin allowance so we put 24 B&BW 3 wicks in each of our cabin cases as I feel they're less likely to get smashed but allow a little extra time to go through security for them to be swabbed and us to re-pack them!
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 22, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
Had ours swabbed once too. Never again. Took each one out, swabbed each and everyone and left us to go pack them all back.
Same for me, and the woman was so slow, almost slow-motion 😱. Then I had to move everything to a flat surface to re-pack the bag 🤬. Never again, candles go in hold baggage now.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 22, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

They will have had a field day with my checkin bags then as I have 24 candles in them
The staff at Posner park boxes them all up for me and carried them out to the car this week
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 22, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
We bought some Yankee candles last time we went and we mainly packed them in our cases except our son in law put the biggest one in his rucksack and he got searched. They actually asked him what was the large red object in his hand luggage! We never realised that it would show up in colour! Everything was fine and our cases were also fine.
Floridafan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 22, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Crackerx
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We brought them home in our hand luggage my dw made me carry them I remember the customs man saying to his mate he’s got 12 f###### candles lol he swabbed each one and the bag then let me through 😂
Crackerx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 22, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Photogirl62 View Post
That’s a good point - if it’s got explosives it will be the same whether in hand or hold so do they check the cases? I know I’ve often had my cases searched - they always leave a letter inside telling you they’ve done so - but not had candles in them at the time
Never had our hold cases searched. Brought back 6 in May in hold luggage with no issues. Much better than having to get them swabbed and repack them all.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 22, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Photogirl62
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Crackerx View Post
We brought them home in our hand luggage my dw made me carry them I remember the customs man saying to his mate he’s got 12 f###### candles lol he swabbed each one and the bag then let me through 😂
Bet they see loads at Orlando!

Thanks everyone 😊
2022: Highlands Reserve villa followed by Gulf Coast
Photogirl62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 22, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
scottish mama
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Crackerx View Post
Made me chuckle!
I brought 3 back in hand luggage a few years ago and was fine. Didn’t get swabbed, but kept forgetting about them being in bag and almost smashed them every time I dropped bag down from wheelchair :erm.
scottish mama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List