Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 15 Jun 22, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

We don’t talk about holiday no no no- Britannia cruise Day 1

Travel day and embarkation

18th April

I am absolutely shattered this morning. We didn’t go to bed till 1am after trying to print out these Lisbon passengers forms. I’ve been up since 5.20 and I don’t think I slept much in between. Unfortunately I’m a chronic worrier so that means my mind is going a million miles wondering if I’ve got everything etc even in my sleep. I think we managed to do everything yesterday that we needed to. The cases are packed, we’ve ended up with 5. All quite ridiculously full. I’m going to make Scott a coffee before showering and then waking the girls up.
Looks like there is some slight traffic on the road, maps are saying it will take another half hour than usual. We are still going to be aiming for setting off at 7am. The girls went to bed late so I’m hoping they will snooze in the car.
I always have the feeling like I’ve forgotten something when we go away.

Well it was an interesting drive down, three and half hours of the kids annoying me. We had two stops to stretch our legs and we got a coffee and a bite to eat. No traffic on the road. Just a little road rage inside the car when the pulled pork pasty bought turned out to be Cornish pasty and the girls didn’t like those either. We got down to Southampton at 12, and worried we were a bit early but I took the turn for cps parking and there was no going back then. Pulled up in a row of cars. They took some pictures of the car then our keys. We unloaded the luggage and dropped it with some guys at the number on the luggage labels onto a conveyor belt which we didn’t have to do before. We got in the queue for the test. Showed our passports and covid vaccination status then through to what looked like a zombie apocalypse area, lots of Chinese people in blue scrubs, swab up the nose, didn’t hurt but not something I enjoyed. Then we were directed out, up the stairs, health declaration to do again the sat in the waiting area for the dreaded text. Cps car parking and vaccine done by 12.30, and we were sat in waiting area by 12.45 which I don’t think was bad at all considering some horny stories I’ve read. The messages were really quick, back by 1pm so off to the check in desk to scan the passports and stamp out boarding passes. Next was the security, take off belts etc etc. We were all done and on the ship by 1.30. So the whole process took 1.5hrs. Not bad at all.

I’ve got to say I don’t like Britannia, I am so confused as to where we are going with the stairs etc and the laundrettes are all shut so can only get to the cabin one way. This is making for a difficult trip but I’m sure we will figure it out eventually.

We had some food from the buffet, i didn’t rate it much. Had a few chips,fish and noodles, the haddock was too fishy for me but pudding was ok, carrot cake and apple crumble. Same for the kids.
Cabin was then ready so I’ve unpacked all the cases while these three had a rest with their iPads.

We have booked to go to Beach House for dinner tonight as the menu doesn’t look brilliant.
Currently sat in Brodies having a cocktail and beer. The kids have got a Tropicana each but they don’t like it, they say it’s too sweet so won’t be buying that again. Scott has got the the good old boy, tanglefoot and Oxford gold. The kids had a game of pool although they didn’t do very well at it, Georgia was playing up a bit as she usually does as she was a little bit too excited.

We decided to go back to the cabin to get ready as the table was booked for 8pm. It was actually quite a rush to get the shirts ironed and us showered and the girls dresses. We managed to scramble and look decent just in time with no help from all the places we can’t get to from the cabin, unfortunately as the isolation cabins are near us then we can’t get to the stairs and I found the floor really slippy in my high heels, I have them to wear tomorrow too, I’m just hoping I won’t fall over.

At the beach house.

we ordered Pako prawns each, hanging kebab for Scott and the sizzling plate with beef for me, then carrot cake each. Love the ice cream with the cake. The girls had sausage for Georgia and salmon for Scarlett with fries and sweetcorn. Scarlett had cheesecake for dessert and didn’t like it, I thought Georgias brownie was going to go all over her dress. Luckily we had no spills.

We were going to go to the bar but we were shattered. Back to the cabin, all ready for bed and straight to sleep.

Can’t say it was a brilliant nights sleep especially after the thud I heard in the middle of the night, luckily it was only a pillow from the top bunk not the actual child herself, yep was Georgia again.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 22, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Your cabin looks cosy! I like it.
Hopefully you will find your way around the ship easily soon, and start to enjoy it all more.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 22, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

It was “cosy” lol

We didn’t like it at all and from now unfortunately cos it’s more money but it’s going to be balcony all the way
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 22, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Love the part in your write up when you say ‘horny stories’ instead of horror stories! I love a good autocorrect!
Old 9 Jul 22, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Could never ever stay in a cabin without a window to open I need fresh air and daylight sounds like,e an interesting trip
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 22, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Cabin looks nice n cosy to me - is there decent wardrobe storage on an inside cabin?

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 23, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
we did almost the same trip in April on Ventura
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 23, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
Cabin looks nice n cosy to me - is there decent wardrobe storage on an inside cabin?
There seems to be more room on the newer ships. But we have always found we can manage with storage even though there are 4 of us and the kids wear more than me