Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 22 Jun 22, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
WonkyTrout
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
That is odd, I'm sure I managed to put in my normal post code, I'm guessing there was an option to change to UK that maybe you missed?
Would have hoped it was that but I did change to the UK. I've had the app installed for a couple of months now and just quit after this problem. Finally today just gave up and added a zip code.

If I let it find my address for me it adds the post code with a big red flag and will not let me continue! If I type the post code it blanks out when I enter the 6th character and asks for 5 digit (this is on a Google Pixel 3a might try an Iphone).

Done lots of testing and it's broken on Android, I can get it to find a postcode and allow that but the post code it finds is wrong, as soon as I try to edit it then it's 5 digits only.

My Iphone X works fine for me.
WonkyTrout is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 22, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WonkyTrout View Post
Would have hoped it was that but I did change to the UK. I've had the app installed for a couple of months now and just quit after this problem. Finally today just gave up and added a zip code.

If I let it find my address for me it adds the post code with a big red flag and will not let me continue! If I type the post code it blanks out when I enter the 6th character and asks for 5 digit (this is on a Google Pixel 3a might try an Iphone).

Done lots of testing and it's broken on Android, I can get it to find a postcode and allow that but the post code it finds is wrong, as soon as I try to edit it then it's 5 digits only.

My Iphone X works fine for me.
Ah ok that will be why then, I'm an iPhone user
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 22, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Iv looked on app and can see my upcoming VTP dates.
When I pick up the mirror hanging thing at mco will a new menu appear that allows me to enter a registration and deregister a vehicle.
My plans are to hire car on day one at mco. Return to offsite location following day and pick up new vehicle.
Will I just change car registration. Will app show my original registration picked up at mco exit.
Thanks.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 22, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
Iv looked on app and can see my upcoming VTP dates.
When I pick up the mirror hanging thing at mco will a new menu appear that allows me to enter a registration and deregister a vehicle.
My plans are to hire car on day one at mco. Return to offsite location following day and pick up new vehicle.
Will I just change car registration. Will app show my original registration picked up at mco exit.
Thanks.
Yes, when you collect the tag the trip goes live and you can enter a reg when you collect the first car. Same process to change reg when you switch vehicles.

Go into 'account', 'trip information' and then 'update licence plate'
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 22, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Yes, when you collect the tag the trip goes live and you can enter a reg when you collect the first car. Same process to change reg when you switch vehicles.

Go into 'account', 'trip information' and then 'update licence plate'
Thanks doc. I’m sure you answered this for me once before. But could not find info. Getting closer so getting more nervous.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Allisonjane
Apprentice Imagineer

We are picking up a car from MCO but will be returning it to Disney car care after a few days, we then plan to pick up another car for the last few days of our trip and return it to MCO, I’m guessing the toll pass wouldn’t work for us as we won’t have a car for the whole trip, but can anyone confirm if it is possible to do this?
1993, 1997, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004 all off site, 2007 Pop/AKL + Fairytale Wedding, 2008 Cypress Pointe, 2010 Disney Magic, 2010 OKW/Rolling Hills, 2011 Pop/CBR, 2013 POFQ/Bellavida, 2015 OKW/Windsor Hills/AKV, 2016 CBR, 2017 Cypress Pointe, 2018 OKW/Storey Lake, 2019 BlueTree Resort, 2019 Cypress Pointe/Tuscan Ridge, 2020 CSR, 2021 Formosa Gardens
Allisonjane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Allisonjane View Post
We are picking up a car from MCO but will be returning it to Disney car care after a few days, we then plan to pick up another car for the last few days of our trip and return it to MCO, I’m guessing the toll pass wouldn’t work for us as we won’t have a car for the whole trip, but can anyone confirm if it is possible to do this?
It can be done and the FAQs explain how to add a different car.

Dr JJ (Regular contributor to all VTP threads) has done it.

Mick

PS In fact he has - two posts above yours

Edited at 05:13 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Allisonjane
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post

Mick

Thanks for the reply.
I wouldn’t just be switching vehicles though, there would be about a 10 day gap when I didn’t have one.
I didn’t know if you can just remove one car without adding another straight away because I wouldn’t want to just leave the original car on it after I’d given it back as may get charged if that car is then used by someone else.
1993, 1997, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004 all off site, 2007 Pop/AKL + Fairytale Wedding, 2008 Cypress Pointe, 2010 Disney Magic, 2010 OKW/Rolling Hills, 2011 Pop/CBR, 2013 POFQ/Bellavida, 2015 OKW/Windsor Hills/AKV, 2016 CBR, 2017 Cypress Pointe, 2018 OKW/Storey Lake, 2019 BlueTree Resort, 2019 Cypress Pointe/Tuscan Ridge, 2020 CSR, 2021 Formosa Gardens
Allisonjane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks for the reply.
I wouldn’t just be switching vehicles though, there would be about a 10 day gap when I didn’t have one.
I didn’t know if you can just remove one car without adding another straight away because I wouldn’t want to just leave the original car on it after I’d given it back as may get charged if that car is then used by someone else.
Just make sure that when you set up the VTP account that you put both start and end dates down - arrival flight time and date and likewise for the departure. Don't relate it to car hire periods. When we were there in Nov 2019 we went two weeks between going through a toll. It doesn't matter to them that there's been no activity for 10 days. The tag won't be in the first car as you'll have removed it to put in the next one.

Mick
Old 29 Jun 22, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post

Mick

Swapping between cars is easy, I'm just not sure how having no car for a few days works. I give it a go though, delete the first reg and hit update and see what happens. Worst case would be either try a made up plate or end the tag early and pay cash.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List