Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Jun 22, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinks2014 View Post
I do think it’s unfair not to reinstate their original pay. Whilst I don’t agree with strikes people need protecting.The rail strike has taken all my wage increase for the year . we had no other way of getting home so we had to fly home as our train not on the strike day got cancelled
I can't remember when I last had a wage increase. But at my age and with my health issues I'm grateful I still have a job.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 22, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
I can't remember when I last had a wage increase. But at my age and with my health issues I'm grateful I still have a job.
I think 20p an hour increase is an insult .
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Is it tomorrow we find out if the strikes going ahead? I’m sure I read the Union had given BA a week to agree to there demands ?
Orlandoguy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisbon View Post
Especially when some airlines used furlough to pay sharesholders dividends
How could furlough be used to pay dividends ?
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 22, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

Anyone heard anything more on this ?
WDW and Universal August 2022
NY and WDW March 2024
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 22, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

theguardian/business...nty-in-advance

Still not great news with cancellations, but maybe means we'll get a bit more notice if our flight is cancelled.
WDW and Universal August 2022
NY and WDW March 2024
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Our friends are due to fly to Tampa on the 24th and they’re worried their flight will be cancelled. Where do they stand if this happens? Will BA put them on the Orlando route if there’s room? How much notice will they receive?
Old 3 Jul 22, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Our friends are due to fly to Tampa on the 24th and they’re worried their flight will be cancelled. Where do they stand if this happens? Will BA put them on the Orlando route if there’s room? How much notice will they receive?
I doubt BA would cancel the Tampa flight - far more likely to cancel a flight to a destination where they fly several times a day. But if they do I cant see how they could put a plane load of PAX on an already running flight to MCO so that senecio is highly unlikely - I think they may try and offer alternative dates but expect a refund
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Agree with above post that cancellation of this flight due to the ongoing operational issues is less likely. LGW long haul (and long haul generally) has suffered fewer cancellations.

If it were cancelled and there were seats to MCO, yes BA would rebook to that, though as pointed out above, seat availability would be the issue. Otherwise, a rerouting from LHR (indirect via another US gateway) would be the best chance of getting there the same day. The MCO flights that day are pretty heavily booked, especially in economy, though still selling and slightly better availability in higher cabins.

The issue with that date is that it’s the weekend at the start of the English school holidays for many, so availability on leisure routes will be tight. On the flip side, airlines are under significant pressure not to have a chaotic meltdown that weekend, so would expect any planned cancellations to happen at least 2 weeks before wherever possible (for both PR reasons and avoiding compensation payments). If it is strike-related, the union has to give 14 days notice of a strike and this strike does not affect LGW.

Of course, as we have seen in the last few days, last minute cancellations remain a risk.

The airline cannot legally just cancel and insist on refunding, if reasonable rebooking alternatives exist, though that won’t stop some of them from trying.

Edited at 10:28 AM.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

The Tampa flights around that time are pretty full in economy with Club and PE having a few seats on each flight. I simply don't think if any of these long haul flights are cancelled that there will be seats for everyone on other flights.

Fingers crossed they don't cancel.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List