Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 24 Jun 22, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Mikey19869
Excited about Disney

Blackstone grill

Hey guys, so I've been wanting a blackstone grill but cannot get them in the UK.. was thinking of buying from walmart & shipping over myself.. however because its a bulky item I'm not sure if that would be possible/if I'd pay £100s to do it.. where would I start? It weights 53kg boxed so not an option to fly it home with me..
Mikey19869 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Presumably they come flat packed so could you buy two extra cases and split it between two?
Or does that sound bonkers ?
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mikey19869
Excited about Disney

Unfortunately not, the only parts that need putting on are the two fold down sides and the wheels.. the rest just comes in a box pre-built so that wouldn't be an option..
Mikey19869 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

Is it worth going on the UPS / DHL US websites to see if you can get a quote for this?

At least that way you can get a feel for the cost and they might also give you an indication of the import tax you need to pay as well.

Alternatively, maybe worth ringing your airline to see how much they would charge you to bring it back as excess baggage / heavy item.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

Is this it? u-buy/product/SL7H...h-side-shelves
£313 + £175 shipping + customs/import duties, amount unknown
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Mikey19869
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by jim jehosofat View Post
Is this it? u-buy/product/SL7H...h-side-shelves
£313 + £175 shipping + customs/import duties, amount unknown
That is it, I looked at that on the u-buy site but the reviews of the site say that you will get stung with import taxes etc when/if it gets here..
Old 24 Jun 22, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Mikey19869
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by DonkeyCentreArf View Post
Is it worth going on the UPS / DHL US websites to see if you can get a quote for this?

At least that way you can get a feel for the cost and they might also give you an indication of the import tax you need to pay as well.

Alternatively, maybe worth ringing your airline to see how much they would charge you to bring it back as excess baggage / heavy item.
I looked on one of them and because of the weight it wouldn't give me an option.. I'll keep looking..
Old 24 Jun 22, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Im tight , i made my own , 6mm thick steel (nothing sticks to this perfectly seasoned peice of steel) and a camping stove, this is about to get real, i now have a 4 hob burner outside for it 😂🤣😂🤣

Edited at 06:26 PM.
colin39 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mikey19869 View Post
That is it, I looked at that on the u-buy site but the reviews of the site say that you will get stung with import taxes etc when/if it gets here..
Whichever way you get it into the UK you'll be "stung" with import taxes, there's no way around it.
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mikey19869
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by colin39 View Post
Im tight , i made my own , 6mm thick steel (nothing sticks to this perfectly seasoned peice of steel) and a camping stove, this is about to get real, i now have a 4 hob burner outside for it 😂🤣😂🤣
This is my current setup, I'm just a name whore and need a blackstone in my life 🤦😂