Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 25 Jun 22, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
kat314
Proud to wear my Ears

Pick up from stansted airport

Hi all
I’m a bit of a nervous Nellie and have got to pick my son up from Stansted airport on Monday it’s a pen hour and half drive from me so I may get there earlier than intended as traffic a bit hit and Miss,Where do I park? It’s so confusing online says go to mid stay and free for an hour then when I click through I have to book at £60, I’m sure I’m doing something wrong and it’s very simple , anyone help me?
kat314 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
shona
Apprentice Imagineer

We did bag drop a few weeks ago and went to short stay, it cost us £18 for a small amount of time but can be a bit hit and miss for spaces so allow a bit of extra time. Avoid mid stay as there have been all sorts of complaints about not enough buses. I believe there is also a multi story nearby but not sure what that is for.
shona is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 22, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
There's a service area very close to the airport that has a Starbucks, Mcdonalds and a small M&S. Whenever I get picked up from Stansted the driver waits there and tracks the flight, I message him when I'm walking out and I wait in Zone D for pickups and he usually arrives within a few minutes. This might be an option for you after your drive as you could grab a coffee and your son can message you once he's walking out of the terminal, it does costs £7 to exit the drop off / pick up area.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 22, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
There's a service area very close to the airport that has a Starbucks, Mcdonalds and a small M&S. Whenever I get picked up from Stansted the driver waits there and tracks the flight, I message him when I'm walking out and I wait in Zone D for pickups and he usually arrives within a few minutes. This might be an option for you after your drive as you could grab a coffee and your son can message you once he's walking out of the terminal, it does costs £7 to exit the drop off / pick up area.
This is the best thing to do, the service area is just off the roundabout at the Stansted exit on the M11, go of there and wait until your son is completely ready and standing outside. It's probably 2-3 miles but all dual carriageway, you will have to pay to do the pick up, I think its £5 but there is nowhere to park its just pick up.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 22, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
kat314
Proud to wear my Ears

Fab thanks so much!
kat314 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
Alternatively you can get free time in the mid stay car park - so if you wait at the service station (if you are very early) when your son rings you tell him to get the bus to the mid stay car park and you can head there from the service station. I think you get an hour free parking but I would double check that. I can’t remember how much Stansted charge you to pick up at the terminal but it isn’t cheap.
Floridafan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List