Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Jun 22, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I’ve rang 111 before. Although, I actually did have an NHS dentist at the time but they were closed. 111 arranged for me to see a dentist in a hospital and then again in a local walk in type centre. Think they don’t really exist in my area anymore though. Anyway, I found 111 really helpful so would give them a call. They might be able to advise what to do. Good luck. Toothache is just awful!
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 22, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by alkel2730 View Post
Ahh that would be amazing. Thank you. I can call tomorrow it’s not a mega emergency it’s more irritating than anything now. Honestly thought it would just go away!
I would unfortunately point out that in many areas the system is broken. My mum is in Kent where there are no dentists taking NHS patients and having been through all the suggested steps above no way to see a dentist save for privately.
vhm672 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 22, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

I would echo what Mr Tom has said about Denplan, I pay £10 per month and get 2 check ups and 10% off any treatment, I would also say it may not be 2 teeth, sometimes it’s referred pain in another area, but only a dentist will tell you for definite x
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 22, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Thank you so much everyone. I’ll give 111 a call tomorrow if not private it is
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 22, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

You can call them today, they have dental nurses who can give you the proper advice……..they’re there 24/7

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 22, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Definitely ring them today. Ring them now. 💜
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 22, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

I recently cracked my back tooth. Of course it had to be over the Queen’s jubilee bank holiday weekend! I’m with a private dentist, called first thing on the Monday morning and even he couldn’t see me for 3 days. I was in agony! Anyway when he did see me the broken bit was removed and temporarily filled. That was £120 and then needed a crown, another £400! Ouch 😣 that is the last time I ever eat a bag of ‘Graze’ ever again!
Old 26 Jun 22, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Ryles View Post
I recently cracked my back tooth. Of course it had to be over the Queen’s jubilee bank holiday weekend! I’m with a private dentist, called first thing on the Monday morning and even he couldn’t see me for 3 days. I was in agony! Anyway when he did see me the broken bit was removed and temporarily filled. That was £120 and then needed a crown, another £400! Ouch 😣 that is the last time I ever eat a bag of ‘Graze’ ever again!
Wow, not good. My Dentist as he saw me late on a Friday told me any issues to ring him that evening as it was a huge filling and he would reopen the Surgery if I had pain. The other alternative is I would ring Denplan and they pay to get any Denplan Dentist to reopen their Surgery. The cost of that is borne by them not my own Dentist.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 22, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Another recommendation for Denplan, I unfortunately was a child of the 60’s when they filled teeth for practice!
I have almost all my teeth filled or crowned now.
My NHS dentist went private so I researched and found a local practice who assessed my teeth (thankfully all healthy at the time) and quoted me £22 per month. That’s for 2 x dental check ups and hygienists per year and all fillings, prep and treatment for anything else. I only pay for the lab work if a crown is needed.
They can see you immediately depending on the issue.
The price has gone up a bit over the years but I pay £27 a month now and for peace of mind, it’s well worth it to me.

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 22, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
A word of warning about a Dental Hospital of which we have one where I live. I know they all have to learn - but!

Our Daughter needed 2 impacted Wisdom Teeth out and the Dentist referred her to the Hospital due to how close a cluster of facial nerves were and it was complicated and could cause issues to her face..

All done at the Hospital whilst we were away (she was 20). In a lot of pain so 5 days later she popped to our Dentist.

The Hospital had sewn her gum to her cheek!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List