Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 27 Jun 22, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
elishabrid
Gone all Goofy

Trip planning tips/help needed!

Hi everyone This is my third WDW trip, but the first time I've gone with my DM since I was about 5 years old! We turned 21 and 50 in 2020, so this is our belated celebration of those birthdays! We're going from the 6th September - 20th September 2022. We have tickets for Cirque du Soleil on the evening of the 8th, tickets for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party on the 13th, and we'd love to do the following - breakfast at Tusker House, dinner at Be Our Guest, dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table, and a Keys to the Kingdom Tour. These are our 'non-negotiables' so to speak, or our highest priorities. Does anyone have any suggestions of which days/dates these things would be best to book for? We arrive in the afternoon of the 6th, so not planning to go to the parks on the first day, but just to go to Disney Springs and eat (we're staying at Port Orleans Riverside) I would also quite enjoy a day/half day shopping at the simon outlets on I-Drive, and at least one day at Typhoon Lagoon. Any tips of where to go when would be really appreciated! And how many days do you think we should dedicate to each park?
elishabrid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 22, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_Jess
Proud to wear my Ears

I would possibly suggest a slight change, and have breakfast at Cinderellas Royal Table? Still just as magical, and if you book an early reservation, you get the bonus of entering the park early and getting some great photo opportunities with hardly anyone else around!

I personally suggest 2 days minimum at each park, and if you want more, an extra at MK and HS. You’ll be there for Food and Wine festival too, so make sure you put in half a day for eating/drinking around the world at Epcot!

Keys to the Kingdom - lots of people recommend booking a slightly later time for these, so the warehouses are full of people! The earlier tours can miss the staff, so you’re touring empty warehouses so to speak.
Disney_Jess is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 22, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
elishabrid
Gone all Goofy

Thank you for your suggestions! I'm really torn on whether to do CRT for dinner or breakfast, I would love if we could get a reservation close to closing, so we'd be in the restaurant whilst the fireworks are on (is this actually possible?) but really I just want to have gone to CRT, I know the food isn't out of this world but it's one of those experiences that I really want to do! Definitely want to eat/drink around the world, when my mum and I were last in disney world together in 2004 it was during food and wine, obviously now I can enjoy the wine part! I went in 2019 with a friend after doing Camp America and we definitely didn't plan enough so I'm super aware of wanting to make the most of 1) our time and 2) being on site again!
elishabrid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 22, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_Jess
Proud to wear my Ears

They definitely did the dinner during fireworks pre-Covid, but I'm not 100% sure now - they most likely do though!

I liked breakfast better, only because of the food choices etc. Either way it'll be magical. I think we're going to do a dessert party for the fireworks this year, as I can't be bothered with all the crowds haha!
Disney_Jess is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List