Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 28 Jun 22, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Abbott Elementary

new hit show in the US is now on disney+

think people will love it! created by and starring Quinta Brunson.

In this workplace comedy, a group of dedicated, passionate teachers — and a slightly tone-deaf principal — are brought together in a Philadelphia public school where, despite the odds stacked against them, they are determined to help their students succeed in life. Though these incredible educators may be outnumbered and underfunded, they love what they do — even if they don’t love the school district’s less-than-stellar attitude toward educating children.

“Abbott Elementary” stars Quinta Brunson as Janine Teagues, Tyler James Williams as Gregory Eddie, Janelle James as Ava Coleman, Chris Perfetti as Jacob Hill, Lisa Ann Walter as Melissa Schemmenti and Sheryl Lee Ralph as Barbara Howard.

Edited at 09:36 AM.
wanye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 22, 01:16 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Anyone else watched this yet? If not, go do so now!

Season 2 is airing in the US at the moment, I think s2 might be on Disney+ too, but if not the first season definitely is!

It's lovely. Funny and heartwarming. You'll love it!
wanye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 22, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

We watched it - its quirky
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 23, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

this is one of the best shows on tv right now, and if you arent watching it, you're really missing out. s2 has been SO GOOD!
Old 30 Mar 23, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

i can't believe how little interaction this thread has got, you can watch it on disney+ ≈≈≈! more people should be shouting loudly about this show, it's fantastic!

season 2 trailer

the episode where jacob is teaching black history month is all sorts of amazing

Edited at 09:37 AM.
Old 30 Mar 23, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
RockTheDots
slightly serious Dibber

RockTheDots's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've watched season 1 and enjoyed it, planning to watch season 2 soon.
Disneyland: 2022 (Trip report: LA & Aulani), 2023
DCL: Magic x2, Dream, Wish (booked for 2024!), Fantasy and Wonder (booked for 2025!)
RockTheDots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 23, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

looks iike channel 4 have picked it up for terrestrial broadcast, so hopefully this thread might get a few more responses at some point and maybe the recognition is deserves!

chortle/news/2023/...elementary?rss

Now the first two series will air on E4 before dropping on the streaming service as par tof a new deal beyween the broadcaster and Disney.

Also coming to the platform are Grown-Ish – the spin-off from Kenya Barris’s comedy Black-ish – The X Files, Bones, Empire, Alias, The Americans, Scandal, Star and The Killing. among new multi-series box sets joining Channel 4’s extensive streaming service

This latest deal will add over 1,000 hours of American programming to Channel 4’s streaming platform from this summer.
Old 5 Jul 23, 05:06 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

I absolutely love Abbots elementary- it is so funny! Star, I used to love because of Quincy Brown I’m embarrassed to say at my age but a lot of what Channel 4 has picked up I’ve seen years ago but always a good watch I don’t really comment much on this forum or I would have commented on this thread before I don’t suppose you know where I can watch the latest series of snowfall do you For me it’s almost up there with the wire!
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 23, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
I don’t suppose you know where I can watch the latest series of snowfall do you For me it’s almost up there with the wire!
its an FX show, so it's available in the US on HULU (via a vpn) but apparently it is going to be an iplayer exclusive in the uk at some point soon (itll appear on d+ at some point afterwards)

hth

(i havent watched it, but comparisons to the wire have me intrigued!)
Old 5 Jul 23, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Thanks Wayne 😊 Snowfall is brilliantly done. Maybe I should say it’s a close to the wire for me as anything recently created 😂but the storyline is brilliant 🤩

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
its an FX show, so it's available in the US on HULU (via a vpn) but apparently it is going to be an iplayer exclusive in the uk at some point soon (itll appear on d+ at some point afterwards)

hth

(i havent watched it, but comparisons to the wire have me intrigued!)
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List