Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Jun 22, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Best corner settees

We got rid of our leather corner settee about three years ago and replaced it with a two and a three seater settee. Both DH and I really have never been totally happy with the set up and want to go back to a corner settee and keep just the two seater in the bay window. We can reuse our three seater in the conservatory as the one we have in there is falling to bits.

I'm looking for recommendations. It needs to stand up to our labradoodle puppy , although I will encourage her to use the remaining two seater she is bound to want to squeeze on the new settee with us sometimes 😁
I'm unsure if we should go for leather again or fabric. I'm swaying towards fabric but our leather one did wear well. I do want a good quality one but not super expensive. DD got one from Dunelm for £1500 but I feel it's a little low and I'm not sure how well it will wear. I'm thinking maybe £2500 for a new one ...
93 94 03 2023 DLP

Edited at 04:05 PM.
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I'd never have fabric with a dog, be too difficult to clean. Leather wipes off. Can't help with specifics though. We bought cheapy Asda ones for our last house and they haven't died yet
Old 29 Jun 22, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

We have the Tahiti from DFS. It’s our second corner sofa from them, both brown leather. We have been in our house for 16 years, so I think have had this one for maybe 5/6 years.
It’s very comfy and still looks in good nick.
Old 29 Jun 22, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

We have a half fabric half leather. The seats and arms are fabric.

We bought second hand 5 years ago as we'd just had an extension built so needed something and just got two new kittens so didn't want something to get ruined and waste lots of money.

Its from SCS originally and absolutely fantastic. Based on how it's lasted we'd buy new from them.

Only downside is that the seats are deep so encourages you to put your feet up which is fine for us but not so comfortable for visitors
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 22, 04:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Daisy_Do_72
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I had one from oak furniture land, it was fabric, it’s was lovely and comfy, but I sold due to not enough back support, and very deep seats. I think they still sell for around £1100. We had a Labrador and cockapoo they were just encouraged not to get on it without a blanket covering the seat. It worked for us.
Daisy_Do_72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 22, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

We have one from Harveys, the model is called the Guvnor. It's like that fake suede type fabric that seems to be a good compromise between uncomfortable leather and stainable fabric. Two years of abuse by a newborn and now toddler don't seem to have left much mark on it.

My parents went out and bought the same one after sitting on ours as they loved it so much haha. It's the comfiest sofa ever.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List