Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 26 Oct 19, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
alexisemma31
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Eeyorefanuk View Post
Thanks All

Bruno mars 🤣

Old town is right by the port?
I'm telling you - he was Bruno Mars double! I'm going to see if I can find a picture!

Yes, you step off the boat and the Old Town is literally opposite.
Old 28 Oct 19, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

San Juan there is a trolley bus that goes around the main touristy things if you do want to do anything (I think it was like $1) but in reality we could have just walked around as not that much of interest to us. There are some tunnels at the fort but as I'm registered blind and they were very dark I didn't go down them.

In terms of St Maarten, we tend to just go into town and have a drink at Hard Rock. We've done the beaches there and they are lovely (Maho and Orient).
Old 28 Oct 19, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
We got a cab to Maho beach - most cab drivers will drop you at the far end as they receive a commission of some sort by the bar owner there.
We wanted to go to the other end as the food was apparently better (it was). Our cab driver had no issue with that and arranged to collect us 3 hours later (we paid nothing until the return journey). We were a party of 7 or 8 I think, so had some drinks, had a swim, watched the planes land on our heads (! ) and had some great food too of course.

Our experience of San Juan was docking, then going straight to the airport for a flight up to Orlando. My family did a tour of the Bacardi factory though I think.

Joa
Old 30 Oct 19, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
choccielover
Imagineer

Mobile

If you are staying late enough in San Juan we did night kayaking in a lagoon which was really really good. Booked through trip advisor
choccielover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sdf
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Another recommendation for Bernards tours. They were brilliant.
sdf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

In San Juan as others have said also, we just walked from the port. We went to Fort Cristobal and around the town, popping into little shops etc, it was a nice leisurely walk.

In St Maarten, we thought about doing Bernard's tour but we ended up getting the ferry from the dock for a few dollars, over to the nearby beach. We hired beach chairs, brolly & drinks for $12.50 ea. at Holland House Hotel. Lovely relaxing day
dismamx2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
Maho beach to see the aircraft landing is a must at St Maarten or get boat from cruise terminal to nearest beach too
We are just back from a cruise which took in St Maarten. We went on a cruise company beach excursion which wasn’t great but the reason I am posting is that we passed right along Maho Beach on our way to our destination. Can’t believe how small the beach looked and it was absolutely mobbed. There were 4 huge ships and 1 smaller ones in port that day which perhaps caused the overcrowding so might be worthwhile checking how busy your port day is. Didn’t help that the seas were really high that day with very strong waves but we have experienced that Before on SM.

We have previously done Orient beach (lovely)and also an excursion to both the Dutch & French sides which was ok.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
We did Bernards Tours in St Maarten. Really good.

San Jaun we didn't do any, we just had a walk round the old town.

Both ports have lots of shops/bars/restaurants where the ships docks.
Second to vote for Bernards Tours at St Maarten

Just come off the ship and walk along and you will se Bernards Tours and ask for tour. That what we did in second times with 5 family. It was awesome. I will do that again in future. I like St Maarten. Lovely place and San Jaun we just came off the ship and went to Airport. I don't have information for that place.
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List