Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 11 Nov 19, 02:03 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Apologies I couldn't bring myself to delete the rest of the replies in above thread about Morimoto so just went for the cut and paste of your reply

Collybird said:

"Morimoto definitely overlooked, possibly the 2TS at dinner that cause it!? I think we'll be back next year for sure. We have a newfound love of Disney Springs restaurants."

I think the whole dining experience at Disney Springs has been overlooked for so long as it has been pitiful

The introduction of so many quality restaurants has really made this much more of a place to go on any night of the week.
Price wise , it has a more sensible approach than seen in the parks and Disney hotels especially.

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 02:14 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Now to Akershus - never been for breakfast and have to admit - my preferred quick stop in Epcot is France - No Princesses, Mulan
nor that Troll Horn Quality start to any day.

Food and Wine stop off points look far too tempting

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

I love the look of Morimoto. We must make it there next trip.

I am so jealous of your Fanta strawberry slushy. We really wanted a strawberry slushy one day in world showcase but couldn’t find one! I must have missed it.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh my word I’m so late the party but really enjoying your report. After having started and failed to finish one for our trip this year I understand how much time and effort they require so thank you.

However I was nearly shouting at my phone, don’t get the salmon from sunshine! 😜 You know it will be overcooked.

Total agreement about raglan rd. first time we waited 30 min past adr time to walk into an empty restaurant. Dh really liked it so we went back.
Again 20 min past adr time to be sat at the booth by the entrance which has been empty the whole time we were waiting.

Then just awful service and food, over cooked steak, dry bread and butter pudding (you will be glad you didn’t wait)
It was so bad we only left $5 tip
Never ever again

Definitely adding Morimoto to my list for our next trip.

Loved you solo outing, must see if I can get away with doing that to.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
You did so well with F&W. Just another reminder for me of what we missed . I definitely need to plan better next year!
I really felt like we were rotten with Food & Wine. I wanted to try a lot more things but was worried about snack credits running out so limited to myself to one thing from each booth. Next year I'm going to try and devote an entire day to it with no ADRs.

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
That's an impressive set of snack testing pics
Thank you! I still felt like we could have done better but the snack credits just wouldn't stretch far enough, next year I think I'll go the gift card route like I had planned.

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Ooh Mulan at breakfast at Akershus, I've not heard of her being there before. Shame the Belle meet was so rushed.

Your snacking around the world looks divine! You did so well a nice mix of sweet and savoury, plus the drinks too. What a fab day. I've never had the chocolate covered strawberries as it seems such a measly portion, but I guess I'll have to one day as they look yummy.
I was really excited to see Mulan and it meant we didn't have to try and plan meeting her into our day too.

I suppose the strawberries are quite a rubbish portion when you compare them to the popcorn

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Aw, I love Mulan - what a nice surprise, even if you were hoping for Jasmine!

You got loads done at F&W...but it sounds like not all of it was a hit. Makes me feel a bit better about how useless we were at snacking round the world! Did you try the hummous fries at all? They were amazing!
Yes, we loved the hummus fries! I was undecided about having them as I didn't think they looked appetising and I was worried about the spice but we loved them! I felt like we were pretty rubbish too in all honesty! I think it's maybe easier when there's lots of you.

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Such a shame your meet with belle was rushed. I've neve rheard of Mulan being there before! Nice little surprise for you.

You did fab with the snacking round the world. Those slushies look so refreshing, we definitely need more slushies again xx
Can't beat a slushy! I have found though that they don't quench my thirst as much as a soda but so good for cooling down in the heat.

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Some great food and wine eating and drinking
Thank you for reading!

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
How fab to meet Mulan. A good day snacking at F&W more hits than misses!
Definitely a bit of a mixed bag, I think I liked the things I knew I'd like and the things I was on the fence about or gambling on didn't come off!

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
Apologies I couldn't bring myself to delete the rest of the replies in above thread about Morimoto so just went for the cut and paste of your reply

Collybird said:

"Morimoto definitely overlooked, possibly the 2TS at dinner that cause it!? I think we'll be back next year for sure. We have a newfound love of Disney Springs restaurants."

I think the whole dining experience at Disney Springs has been overlooked for so long as it has been pitiful

The introduction of so many quality restaurants has really made this much more of a place to go on any night of the week.
Price wise , it has a more sensible approach than seen in the parks and Disney hotels especially.
Absolutely agree about Disney Springs restaurants, especially the prices. We are going to have to do a lot of number crunching ahead of next year to work out if DDP or OOP is the best fit for us.

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
Now to Akershus - never been for breakfast and have to admit - my preferred quick stop in Epcot is France - No Princesses, Mulan
nor that Troll Horn Quality start to any day.

Food and Wine stop off points look far too tempting
Next year when we are at the Boardwalk I am planning many a breakfast in France!

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
I love the look of Morimoto. We must make it there next trip.

I am so jealous of your Fanta strawberry slushy. We really wanted a strawberry slushy one day in world showcase but couldn’t find one! I must have missed it.
It's not easy to get slushes in World Showcase as it's all about the booze, they don't even serve a virgin Ardenelle Aqua Frozen Lemonade which I thought was crazy! You can get them at any Joffreys stands and in the USA.

Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
Oh my word I’m so late the party but really enjoying your report. After having started and failed to finish one for our trip this year I understand how much time and effort they require so thank you.

However I was nearly shouting at my phone, don’t get the salmon from sunshine! 😜 You know it will be overcooked.

Total agreement about raglan rd. first time we waited 30 min past adr time to walk into an empty restaurant. Dh really liked it so we went back.
Again 20 min past adr time to be sat at the booth by the entrance which has been empty the whole time we were waiting.

Then just awful service and food, over cooked steak, dry bread and butter pudding (you will be glad you didn’t wait)
It was so bad we only left $5 tip
Never ever again

Definitely adding Morimoto to my list for our next trip.

Loved you solo outing, must see if I can get away with doing that to.
Hahaha about the salmon, I could see the salmon from the order station too and I still ordered it *facepalm*

It makes me feel better about Raglan Road that I am not alone in our experience. Definitely never ever again, if I even suggested it I think Nik could have me committed.

Thank you for reading!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

The contenders for dinner were Frontera Cocina and Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill. Frontera unfortunately lost the fight due to their menu being too similar to Maya Grill's.

WOLFGANG PUCK BAR & GRILL

I had wanted to eat here for a while as we love Wolfgang Puck Express and the Bar & Grill has essentially the same menu but prepared with higher end ingredients. I didn't think it was somewhere I would be willing to use a TS credit on on DDP when the QS is so good so it was the perfect fit for DxDP.

You can see the menu here: disneyworld.disney.go/en...d-grill/menus/

I had seen a dish from here on the Disney Food Blog listed as one of the best 1TS meals, it was the Steak Frites but it is only on the lunch menu, I was a bit disappointed!

Tempura Calamari olives, zucchini, preserved lemon aďoli

This was my starter, it was great calamari, nice mix of different sized pieces and not many of the scrappy bits. I loved the aioli, a nice alternative to a red sauce.

Tortilla Soup sour cream, cilantro, lime

Tortilla soup was becoming the new lobster bisque for Nik. We both really liked this.

Sadly the filet mignon is not eligible on the DDP (nor is the porterhouse), I wanted steak so ordered 10-oz Flat Iron chimichurri sauce

This was a gorgeous steak. I had it cooked medium rare and it was beautiful (and hot!). I was a bit worried about the quality of the meet of the flat iron but it was faultless. The chimichurri added a nice pop of flavour too.

Tuscan-roasted Potatoes garlic, chili, rosemary

Sides weren't included on the DxDP so I paid OOP for these. Our server recommended them to pair with the steak although I had already decided I wanted them. They were SO good, the first time I have had what seemed like a real authentic roast potato in the States.

Amatriciana roastated tomato, onion, chili flakes

Nik wanted pizza. This was a great pizza, I thought it was pretty faultless but he preferred the one he had had at CSR the night before

We were absolutely stuffed so took dessert to go.

Key Lime Pie graham cracker crust

The key lime pie was much too citrussy for me. I felt like I was eating Cif.

Cookie Plate half dozen of assorted cookies

I thought this was such a good idea for a dessert. The cookies were so yummy and the brownies were to die for.

It was $7.46 OOP for my side and the DxDP covered our $112.90 dinner. We left a $23, the service had been great.

This was yet another fantastic meal at Disney Springs. Signature standard food without any of the pomp and circumstance. Once again we were so glad that we had taken a gamble on somewhere that not many people eat and I thought it was excellent value for money.

Something we have found works really well for us is that the menus at Disney Springs restaurants seem to be much more varied than those in the parks, I can have something 'fancier' whilst Nik can have something that caters to his simpler tastes and we're both happy.

DxDP Daily Cost: $232.50
Actual Daily Spend: $313.19
DxDP Cost to Date: $1,842
Actual Cost to Date: $2,132.89
Table Service Credits: 51/78
Snack Credits: 44/52
Unfinished Business: 8/12
Tips: $341
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Wolfgang Puck looks so nice and great portion sizes and it seems even OOP it's quite reasonably priced xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great report so far, can;t believe I've missed so much of it already. Really must get to Wolfgang Puck's one day, it always looks fabulous
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Wolfgang Puck's looks really good, you're right about choice & quality - I'd much rather eat a sit down lunch at DS than somewhere in the parks.

Edited at 11:38 PM.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

So if you are on the DDP you don't get a side with your meal if you order steak? Wolfgang Puck looks nice but think i will try WP Express next year.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List