Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.
Unread 20 Sep 17, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
BoxOfFrogs
Imagineer

BoxOfFrogs's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by olgaandcoda View Post
I would suggest a coffee filter type machine for this purpose. Kona, if they are still made. You can have a hot jug of coffee on the go all day. Saves time making a fresh one. I don't think the Tassimo type machines would be very cost effective, in your case.

My Tassimo, three years old packed up recently and I haven't replaced it yet. Although their pods are readily available everywhere. My son has a built in bean to cup system, which is great, but takes up oven housing space. Only me drinks coffee in our house normally, so I don't want to spend big money on a new machine.
thank you ill take a look
Unread 20 Sep 17, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Apprentice Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by djewkes View Post
I too have a delonghi bean to cup, it also does macchiatos, cappuccinos and lattes plus hot chocolate or just hot water if you want it... we use it every day... works out much cheaper than pod machines, has a built in filter and tells you when it needs filter changes and descaling... but initial outlay is quite a bit more...
A bit more I got mad when tassimo changed the Costa latte recipe, marched in to John Lewis and traded it in for a delonghi pre Madonna exclusive, they had a 50 for you old machine offer and it still cost more than 14 day passes to Disney for the family!

Best thing we have have ever brought though.
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Quick half term trip
Unread 21 Sep 17, 12:58 AM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
Imagineer

True... bit of an understatement...think I paid about 800+ for ours but well worth it...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 17, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Damn Dirty Ape
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

I've got one of the Keurigs. They are starting to make their way over here now after being mostly an American brand. I still pick up the pods when I'm in the states as they have more choice and better priced. You can get reusable pods for them and then use any brand of ground coffee you like but the use once pods are probably still better. We picked up lovely Caramel Starbucks pods in Target the last time we were in the states. Will definitely be picking more of those up.
Trip #15: Still Planning
Damn Dirty Ape is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 17, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Chair1519
Imagineer

Chair1519's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
We went through 3 tassimo machines and at the end of last year I got fed up with the cost of pods and decided to go for the Nespresso. Last month we went back to Tassimo. Personally I got bored with having to do the milk everytime as the pods were all basically expresso size. It was clearly cheaper as no-one else would ever use the machine. Rest of the family just didn't like it.

The pods for tassimo are definately more expensive. The new machine did give 2 x 10 vouchers again so thats been handy. Coffee use is up again in the house which is both a good sign and bad thing at the same time.
Chair1519 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 17, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
I much prefer the nespresso
Me too
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 17, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

I bought the basic Nespresso in an AO sale 114 plus 50 worth of free pods... however I've been disappointed to find that it doesn't produce very hot coffee (we drink lattes),

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Florida's Fabulous In February -&May 2 ?
Unread 22 Sep 17, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinKitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jdybnsn View Post
I bought the basic Nespresso in an AO sale 114 plus 50 worth of free pods... however I've been disappointed to find that it doesn't produce very hot coffee (we drink lattes),
Do you have the Aeroccino?
I drink lattes and cappuccinos and mine are always hot
US Rent A Car