Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 21 Sep 17, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
We went through 3 tassimo machines and at the end of last year I got fed up with the cost of pods and decided to go for the Nespresso. Last month we went back to Tassimo. Personally I got bored with having to do the milk everytime as the pods were all basically expresso size. It was clearly cheaper as no-one else would ever use the machine. Rest of the family just didn't like it.

The pods for tassimo are definately more expensive. The new machine did give 2 x £10 vouchers again so thats been handy. Coffee use is up again in the house which is both a good sign and bad thing at the same time.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 17, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
I much prefer the nespresso
Me too
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

I bought the basic Nespresso in an AO sale £114 plus £50 worth of free pods... however I've been disappointed to find that it doesn't produce very hot coffee (we drink lattes),

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by jdybnsn View Post
I bought the basic Nespresso in an AO sale £114 plus £50 worth of free pods... however I've been disappointed to find that it doesn't produce very hot coffee (we drink lattes),
Do you have the Aeroccino?
I drink lattes and cappuccinos and mine are always hot
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I like my Tassimo machine and my favourite is Costa Americano with the milk pods. I don't drink coffee that often (I usually drink green tea) so the machine has been going strong for nearly 2 years which I believe is quite a long time for a Tassimo.

My mum swapped from the Tassimo to Dolce Gusto and finds the pods are more expensive and she prefers the Costa Americano Tassimo pods. She's put a Tassimo on her Christmas list
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
I like my Tassimo machine and my favourite is Costa Americano with the milk pods. I don't drink coffee that often (I usually drink green tea) so the machine has been going strong for nearly 2 years which I believe is quite a long time for a Tassimo.

My mum swapped from the Tassimo to Dolce Gusto and finds the pods are more expensive and she prefers the Costa Americano Tassimo pods. She's put a Tassimo on her Christmas list
think ours is living on borrowed time then, trying to work out how old it is and pretty sure it's at least 8 years old.
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dee slack View Post
think ours is living on borrowed time then, trying to work out how old it is and pretty sure it's at least 8 years old.
My mums first one lasted years and then she got through 1 a year after that! That's why she changed machines. She put it down to the reduction in price meaning a reduction in production quality - they're usually half price on offer.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
My mums first one lasted years and then she got through 1 a year after that! That's why she changed machines. She put it down to the reduction in price meaning a reduction in production quality - they're usually half price on offer.
my mum's had about 3 in the same time, come to think of it. We did have the best model at the time I seem to think but bought it on a really good offer. Think we'll just keep going with it until I see a decent offer but I'll prepare for it not to last this long!
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List