Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Holiday to Florida with Florida4less
Unread 22 Aug 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by jim jehosofat View Post
Ive read the whole thread and my thoughts, probably unpopular with most of the other posters on this thread, are that it seems very foolish, with so much at stake, to depend on an Esta that's only got a few weeks validity remaining rather than spend $14 on a new application.
Not unpopular, just unnecessary.

If an ESTA is valid for the duration of the stay (plus a few days extra in case any delay leaving etc) then that is sufficient.

Having a new one would be no different to the original one. So not foolish in the slightest IMO.

They could have had a valid one for 2 full years and had an issue locating it and be in the same predicament.

Edited at 03:47 PM.
toonarmani is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 19, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

So pleased that you are sorted and wish you the most fantastic holiday.

I think more than anything, its not why this happened or if you could have avoided it, what has shone through for me is your incredible mental strength and resolve to get this sorted in the most efficient manner.

Hats off to you, there are many who would have crumbled given such a mountain to climb.

You are a true credit to our dibber community.

Well done and more hugs

Disney332
Unread 22 Aug 19, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Chair1519
Imagineer

Chair1519's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
If an ESTA is valid for the duration of the stay (plus a few days extra in case any delay leaving etc) then that is sufficient.
Just to clarify. An ESTA only needs to be valid on the day of entry to USA, not for the duration of stay.
Chair1519 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 19, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rachy View Post
Because when you are in that situation and your family are about to leave you and your dealing with a pending esta application you dont think straight. And my partner didnt want to split the family up.

New flights will be about 1000 to go tomorrow I think x
My partner would have been exactly the same.

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Florida's Fabulous In February -&May 2 ?
Unread 22 Aug 19, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

What a day you have had, so stressful and you all dealt with it so well. We work so hard and look forward to our holidays, particularly if it isn't a regular occurance 🤣. I sincerely hope you all have an extra amazing time, I have learnt a lot from this thread so thank you for that. Wine, dinner, wine... 😂😂
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
Unread 22 Aug 19, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rachy View Post
So car hire company holiday autos are saying Itll cost 45 to amend to pick up tomorrow.

Credit card all sorted.

Spoken to Aviva my insurance who were incredibly helpful and said to get the clarification from esta that I could have travelled with the esta which was in date and to still push with Norwegian. X
We have friends got delayed two full days. They just turned up at Alamo and they didn't even bat an eyelid. No charge or anything.
I suspect the charge is the HA broker getting the arm in.

Edited at 04:50 PM.
tspill is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
So glad you have managed to sort it,its the first time I have managed to get back on,and I have been thinking about you all day!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn 2013,lakebuena vista resort 2015, Santa Fe Paris 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris 2018,Clarion inn 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019
Quensabob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Coronado Spring here we come!
Unread 22 Aug 19, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
Not unpopular, just unnecessary.

Having a new one would be no different to the original one. So not foolish in the slightest IMO.

They could have had a valid one for 2 full years and had an issue locating it and be in the same predicament.
I checked and we only needed an esta for the day of travel. Its not like a passport where you need 3 months left on your passport. This was something I did check.

The OP saying I was foolish doesnt really help the situation.
I had enough esta left and not sure if we will visit the US in the next 2 years so why reapply when there was absolutely no need to.