Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Trip Planning Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
Unread 22 Aug 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Finn family
VIP Dibber

Finn family's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I have just arrived back from Orlando and had a really bad Thomas Cook experience. Rude ground staff, delays, sarcastic staff on board. Also, major delays and not even a free bottle of water on board.

We have previously flew with Virgin and British Airways and find them a lot better.
1 Trip to Tokyo
14 Trips to Florida
Quality Inn Plaza Hotel '00 '02 '03, Sunset Lakes Villa '04, Clarion Inn Hotel '06 '11, Extended Stay Deluxe Hotel '07 '08 '10 '12, The Sanctuary at West Haven '15 '18, The Abbey at West Haven '16 Country Inn and Suites '19

Finn family is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Missing Disney Already
Unread 22 Aug 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I think tc are like all companies in that there will always be some customers who arent happy as they are staffed by humans and humans make mistakes. I personally loved our Thomas cook experience they were great and great with our kids in pe.
Picklepuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
3 week All Star Holiday!
Unread 23 Aug 19, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Finn family View Post
Rude ground staff
Ground staff are not employed by TC.. That would be an MCO issue.

Ultimately, everyone will have their own expectations of a carrier if they've flown with the better known ones such as BA/VA etc.

So when coming to more of a budget carrier it can be seen as a poor experience to them due to expecting the same standards... imo this seems to be a common trend on the Dibb.

Edited at 07:47 AM.
itsmeGAV is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
WDW & Universal 2020
Unread 23 Aug 19, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by itsmeGAV View Post

Ultimately, everyone will have their own expectations of a carrier if they've flown with the better known ones such as BA/VA etc.

So when coming to more of a budget carrier it can be seen as a poor experience to them due to expecting the same standards... imo this seems to be a common trend on the Dibb.
I dont think very highly of virgin, every time we have flown with them we have been bitterly disappointed and met with really rude crew and filthy planes.
I think scheduled airlines are often perceived as being better but often TC and tui and the other chartered airlines are a lot better and cheaper! The logo on the tail doesnt guarantee good service any more 😢
Picklepuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
3 week All Star Holiday!
Unread 23 Aug 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

We are flying Virgin to the Caribbean next year, due to getting some cheap reward seats.

After many years of flying TC, mainly in their PE cabin (though not exclusively) I never thought I'd say this but I'm actually NOT looking forward to flying with Virgin again ! We are going to be flying on their ex Berlin 330-200 - apparently it has rubbish seat pitch and very cramped.
The only thing we are looking forward to is the IFE.

However, I shouldn't really complain given we are getting there and back for 236pp - so I can't be too hard on them can I ? I just wish TC had a reward scheme !

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Florida's Fabulous In February -&May 2 ?
Unread 23 Aug 19, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida4ever
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

Ive flown with many airlines to Florida and found TC pretty good😊 if they had direct flights with TC from Bristol to Orlando Id choose TC Premium Economy every time😁 normally much cheaper than Tui although Tui give more comfort and a few more frills🤔Happy to save a few pound and happily fly TC
Unread 23 Aug 19, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mattyped
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We were delayed for 2 hrs half way through a pushback on the apron due to severe lightning. We were given bottled water and free icecream whilst we waited. Boring but well attended and comfortable and not the airlines fault. We travelled virgin prior and found the price difference not worth it at all. Going tc again next year.
mattyped is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
House of the mouse
Unread 24 Aug 19, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Finn family
VIP Dibber

Finn family's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by itsmeGAV View Post

This was not at MCO. It was at MAN.
Our flight had to turn around and was rescheduled for the next day, where we were told by Thomas Cook that we were getting picked up by a coach from our hotel. The coach never turned up so we got a taxi. When arriving at the airport, we informed Thomas Cook management that loads of passengers were still waiting at the hotel for the coach, and he did not seem bothered. Also, Thomas Cook staff at the check in desk were yelling at customers when telling them that they couldn't all fit on the scheduled flight. This resulting in them splitting families, including putting a disabled child on a different flight to his mother.

Budget or not, professionalism and common sense should always occur. I have had better experiences with Ryan Air and Easy Jet.
1 Trip to Tokyo
14 Trips to Florida
Quality Inn Plaza Hotel '00 '02 '03, Sunset Lakes Villa '04, Clarion Inn Hotel '06 '11, Extended Stay Deluxe Hotel '07 '08 '10 '12, The Sanctuary at West Haven '15 '18, The Abbey at West Haven '16 Country Inn and Suites '19

Finn family is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Missing Disney Already
Orlando Attractions