Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 8 Jun 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchbounce
slightly serious Dibber

Highs and lows

So as we come home yesterday I thought I would do our highs and lows.

Highs-
Newport Bay hotel - as a general overview we love this hotel. It's theming is lovely and we just love staying here.

Food- everywhere we've eaten has had really nice food. We ate at cape cod, Billy bobs, rainforest cafe and Annettes.

Compass club- cans of drinks were lovely, was nice to come back from the park and have an ice cold drink. However watch out for the clauses of when you can have drinks. There is also no water bottles, but there is fresh water.

Marvel - we came in the marvel season and it didn't dissapoint us. We've loved the shows. Just wish there was more adult merchandise. Gotg dance off was one of our favourites. Forever wishing groot did a meet and greet.

Characters- character interaction has been lovely. Also shout out to the cast members who made the people who were trying to push in queue up. Obviously they should but it was nice to see them on top of it.

Lows-
Annettes diner- although they did amazing food we waited ages for any order to be taken and then even longer for food. Although we ordered starters it all came at once. The food was lovely though.

Weather - between boiling hot and torrential rain, the humidity has also been high. It's been okay, just difficult to know what to wear in the morning and if you need suncream.

Newport Bay compass club- im not sure if this happens in normal rooms but everyday they've come in and delivered chocolate coins. Now this is a lovely gesture, however they almost insist on coming in. We've put the lock across the door and one afternoon they still tried to open it three or four times.

Plaza gardens - I didn't eat here however my parents did. They've removed their kids section and apparently it was extremely disappointing with the lack of options.

Quality of gifts- we brought a stitch medium toy for the little one. We had it two days and it has 4 holes. We stitched if all back up this morning but the quality is really rubbish.

Flybe - lack of information as we moved gates 4 times. We were delayed nearly 3 hours and not from their fault but the wind was so rough on the flight home I think I will train next time 😂😂
Stitchbounce is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

It sounds like a lovely holiday - I’d like to stay in Newport Bay next trip, but DH wants to go back to DLH (ok, so I want to do that too! But I like trying out different hotels too.)

It’s a shame about Plaza Gardens - that’s one of our favourites.

Maybe you should take your Stitch toy back to a Disney Store and see if they can help? My girls buy soft toys every time we go, and even the ones from 2016 are still going strong. My youngest has hers in her bed (leaving JUST enough room for her to squeeze in!) so they’ve been very well loved and the only sign is that the plush is looking a bit flattened.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Scottishlass77
Getting to know the DIBB

Hi Stitchbounce,

I’m so glad to hear you had a lovely trip, were definitely thinking of booking Newport Bay Compass Club for our next trip.

We just came back a few weeks ago from staying at the Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest and we had a few similar problems.

We totally agree that the little chocs at bedtime are a lovely gesture but like yourself several nights we hung the do not disturb sign on the door but they still came in regardless and when we locked the door they stood and knocked until we let them in.

My son also got a large stitch toy €29.99 and on the first day home we noticed stitching on his face was already coming away and now a few weeks on hes not looking great despite just sitting on my son’s bed, very poor quality for Disney merchandise

Despite a few minor blips we had a great time so are already planning our next trip x

Edited at 11:04 PM.
Scottishlass77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
johnnysharp2
Excited about Disney

Agree on the Marvel merchandise being pretty poor.
johnnysharp2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
cairn114
Excited about Disney

I would try contacting them about the toy. We had a problem and sent an email with pictures of the problem and the receipt. They would have sent a replacement if they had stock but we got a refund instead. Have a look on this contact us page on the main DLP site.

disneylandparis/en-g...nd/contact-us/

I think this is the email address, dlp.sav.en@disneylandparis.com
cairn114 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchbounce
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thank you for all your comments. It was indeed a lovely trip. I have photos of stitch before his mini operation where he was sowed back together and I will email them across. Unfortunetly we don't have the receipt. I'm glad to here they have been helpful before. Now he's okay but I was worried if perhaps there was a slight fault in specific ones as we've never had a problem before.

Agreed as to the chocolates, we made it clear as well with the sign and the lock on the door but they did try to persist. Hopefully they will review this and let the maid put them in when cleaning.