Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Accommodation
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info
Closed Thread
Unread 26 Jul 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsnapper
Very Serious Dibber

Interesting thread.

never stay onsite - but conventions are big business for Orlando in general. Many of the larger offsite hotels cater for conventions.

Having been to a number myself all I can say is its a holiday destination so no one in a suit is going to care about you in your shorts (if anything they will just wish they were there for leisure not business)
Unread 26 Jul 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by Lozzi View Post
We have booked to stay here August next year due to another party joining us and we therefore had to adjust our budget. We normally stay at SSR and have also done OKW.

As we needed 3 rooms this was the only option for the dates we wanted, and we were considering moving to OKW once availability was released as the prices didnt seem to different once the upgrade to DDP was added in.

However, after reading the reviews, looking at the facilities we are quite looking forward to staying at somewhere new. We knew it was a convention centre, however SSR and OKW didnt really have a Disney feel to them and we loved both resorts.

Both of the other resorts also had the odd problem with buses but we would just ring front desk and on the occasions where we had to be somewhere they sent private transportation to get us there.

I suppose it depends on what you are looking for, we tend to live in our own bubble so hopefully this will be the same when we go next year.
You will be fine. We have stayed at Saratoga and Old Key West. Coronado was not far behind apart from the room being slightly smaller. It is a great resort.
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 27 Jul 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
Imagineer

Ive stayed at all the moderate resorts but never chosen Coronado Springs specifically because it is a convention hotel. Your review has confirmed that has probably been a wise choice. Im with you. Dont want to be mixing with the suits while wearing no makeup and my cossie! Also interesting to hear the impact of the new resort on the facilities. Me and the hubby were discussing that when we watched the opening day vlogs. I think overall Disney are overly increasing foot fall without increasing facilities in line with that. They need a fifth gate. Also a second QS at Coronado Springs.

Edited at 08:36 PM.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ July 2020
Unread 27 Jul 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Just to point out, the hotel didnt double capacity with the new tower. It increased by approx 500 rooms to approx 2400 rooms in total.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
CSR - May 2020
Unread 28 Jul 19, 05:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
Imagineer

Claudette's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
Ive stayed at all the moderate resorts but never chosen Coronado Springs specifically because it is a convention hotel. Your review has confirmed that has probably been a wise choice. Im with you. Dont want to be mixing with the suits while wearing no makeup and my cossie! Also interesting to hear the impact of the new resort on the facilities. Me and the hubby were discussing that when we watched the opening day vlogs. I think overall Disney are overly increasing foot fall without increasing facilities in line with that. They need a fifth gate. Also a second QS at Coronado Springs.
I am perplexed. I only wear my swimming costume for a fraction of my holiday and unless I was by the sea or pool, I would be wearing something else on top. I certainly would not be wandering around my hotel in nothing but my swimming costume. The purpose of other peoples stay at my hotel has never impacted me in any way ever to be honest.
Claudette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
NY & Disney 2020
Unread 28 Jul 19, 06:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I am perplexed. I only wear my swimming costume for a fraction of my holiday and unless I was by the sea or pool, I would be wearing something else on top. I certainly would not be wandering around my hotel in nothing but my swimming costume. The purpose of other peoples stay at my hotel has never impacted me in any way ever to be honest.
Exactly. If I'm going for a dip in the pool I wear a cover up over my bathing costume when walking to the pool from my room. The people who aren't happy seem to think that all the people in suits will be looking at them in their bathing costumes - I haven't got a clue why though. If they think people are going to look at them in their bathing costumes why differentiate the people in suits from everyone else?
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Third solo trip - back to POFQ!
Unread 28 Jul 19, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
Imagineer

Mobile

No need for either of you to be perplexed and the idea I think people will be looking at me wandering around a hotel in a cossie stupid frankly. I work 55 hours a week in a stressful job full of suits. I dont want to be seeing work people while Im relaxing on holiday. Which I would a Coronado Springs. I want to forget work. Not, as I said, mixing with the suits. I didnt say I thought they would be looking at me. That was just an inference made for the sake of a spiteful comment. Again. Nice.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ July 2020
Closed Thread