Notices

Old 13 Sep 17, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
alfafan
Gone all Goofy

Pool screen damage

OK, apologies if this is a dumb question but why were so many pool screens left out?
If the advice was to store furniture then would the screens also have been better off in a garage?
alfafan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The pool screen is a permanent structure comprising a steel frame covered in a fine mesh. It's all bolted down to a concrete deck.

Have a look at the photo in my profile and you can see it in the background.

Mick
Old 13 Sep 17, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
alfafan
Gone all Goofy

Thanks Mick, for some reason I was thinking of the child safety screens. I obviously need a holiday. 8 weeks to go.
alfafan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by alfafan View Post
Thanks Mick, for some reason I was thinking of the child safety screens. I obviously need a holiday. 8 weeks to go.
No problem. They are the first things that come down into the garage when we arrive. Nobody younger than 71 round the pool deck though.

Mick
Old 13 Sep 17, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
force ten
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
www.american-pools.com-pool-screen-enclosure/

have a look at that link it will show you what they are like

it is somthing that you will find over the pool at a villa but not very often used at a hotel pool, they keep bugs out so it is s very fine mesh screen and due to their nature they can be susceptible to damage
force ten is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Highly susceptible. I lost 10 across 3 villas. My next door neighbour lost 22 on one villa.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
force ten
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Originally Posted by Magnificent View Post
Highly susceptible. I lost 10 across 3 villas. My next door neighbour lost 22 on one villa.
It is a real shame that the panels cant be taken down easily during a storm, but then that may leave the frames more susceptible to damage due to the nature of the construction of the screens
force ten is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by force ten View Post
It is a real shame that the panels cant be taken down easily during a storm, but then that may leave the frames more susceptible to damage due to the nature of the construction of the screens
Invent it, get it on Dragons Den, make your fortune, holiday in Florida for the rest of your life!
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

The panels would be huge and quite high up. They would be impossible for the average person to remove and replace. Some of the cages are two stories high. Watching them replace a screen at the top of this one was perilous enough.

Edited at 01:03 PM.
DonnaD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
On a car forum I use someone who lives in Orlando said to preserve the frame he cuts the screen if the wind gets above a certain level.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List