Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 22 Sep 16, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
daftmum
Very Serious Dibber

Longhorns for dinner

This had been a winner all round last time so we chose it for our last dinner of this holiday. We were seated straight away, we seem to time this just right by arriving just before 6. By the time we have finished eating people are queuing inside and out, many holding pagers.
We all decide to have the steak this time.
the bread is brought out and in keeping with tradition eaten very quickly and another loaf promptly brought out.

Dh has the strawberry lemonade to drink. He says this is really good and wishes he had tried this before. I think he had 5! of these throughout the course of the meal.

I have water and the kids have diet coke.
Ds and I both have the mushrooms. These were definately worth the tummy problems caused by the coating. I asked for the sauce on the side as DS doesnt like spicy things and the waiter said thats how its supposed to come, not sure why it was drizzled all over as well as in a pot last time, maybe someone spilt some and they tried to make it look like it was supposed to be that way! They were delicious again

Dd had the spicy chicken bites which she enjoyed

This is where the service really slipped. Our waiter had been fab up to this point he brought the appetizers promptly and refills as soon as the glasses were empty. We didn't see our waiter (at our table) until he came over with the bill. our entrees were brought out by 2 different waiters who put the food down and then vanished. We all had empty glasses and the kids wanted some sauce. I caught a passing waitress and asked for sauces and refills. Refills were brought and she said she would bring some sauce and she didn't, she went over to her table next to us and offered them refills. Whilst i can appreciate we weren't her table and therefore she wouldn't be getting a tip from us she could have asked our server or someone else to help. We caught the attention of another staff member who was just taking food out not serving and he brought us our sauce. By which time our food was luke warm. Fortunatley it all tasted good.
DH had the larger 8oz steak with a loaded jacket potato and brocolli

DD had the 8oz steak with chips and mash

Ds had the standard 6oz steak with chips and mash and i had the standard steak with chips and broccolli

Our waiter had suggested the sharing chocolate stampede dessert which was an extra $2.50 and this was brought out by another server.

DH and DD really enjoyed this but couldn't finish it all.
This meal cost $74.48 the food was really good but our server let it down. He came over all smiles with the bill. highlighting that the tip was not included

We didnt leave the inndicated 20% tip which we thought was really cheeky given how little he had served us! We left $11 which was just under 15%
daftmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 16, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
daftmum
Very Serious Dibber

Sunday 4 th September

Home Time

We have breakfast in the room, eating all the random bits left over. At the airport we go to Burger King. The burgers are self service and it felt very rushed as I was picking up burgers a member of staff shouted from the other end of the counter did i need help. I walked to her and asked for the burgers I wanted which weren't in the cabinet. She walked back as she obviously didn't believe me then shouted to the kitchen for our burgers. I then paid and was given cups for the soft drinks dispenser.
Ds had chicken nuggets and a cinnamon bun, this was tiny! Not much bigger than an (English) cookie in diameter

whopper with bacon and cheese for me. ( I didn't eat the bun)

double whopper with cheese for DH

Double whopper with bacon and cheese for dd. no picture sorry. I got large meals ds shared my fries and had my soft drink and i bought a bottle of water. The drinks here were huge

there was a sign saying refills were for eat in only. I don't think they drank all of one drink no-way would they have manged more!
This was $44.13
daftmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 16, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
daftmum
Very Serious Dibber

One last Starbucks

Old favourites for the kids, warm chocolate croissant for ds

and a mocha frappe for dd

I can't find the receipt for this but will update when I do.
Old 22 Sep 16, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
daftmum
Very Serious Dibber

Thomas cook Flight Home

The snack trolley came around about an hour into the flight. I got myself a white wine Ł3.50 and a lemonade (mixer size) 90p.

Dd wanted some mini chocolate fingers and they were on a special offer with a hot drink so i had a cup of tea too Ł3.

My gluten free meal was served first at around midnight uk time. Gluten free roll and cheese. Pot of fruit and an orange jelly.

The main course was chicken with mash and veg. It was edible. Just.

There was no choice for the others. they also had a chicken dish. They all ate it but no-one was particularly enthused. This was served with a bread roll, cheese and crackers and a chocolate brownie.

We had the choice of tea, coffee or juice.
Sorry about the picture DD took it.
Breakfast was served at 5.15. Mine was a raisins, yoghurt and orange juice

The others had a cereal bar, yoghurt and orange juice

we again had a choice of tea or coffee.

and thats the end of our holiday. I hope this is useful to someone. I loved reading food reports in the run up to our holiday and especially found it useful when prices were included. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. I will do my best to answer them.
Old 22 Sep 16, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

Fantastic report, thanks for sharing
Old 30 Sep 16, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Just finished getting through your report. Thank you, lots of great ideas here
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 17, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great report thanks for sharing.
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 17, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

I'm absolutely starving now. Great to see a variety of all the different places you have eaten I can't believe he ate that whole pie and still managed to eat the rest of the holiday...I would be defeated! Pleased there was a last minute Starbucks to feed the habit before getting on the plane.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List