Photo, Video & Vlogs Photography, Video and Vlog discussions

Old 21 Aug 17, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Trip Report Photos...

Just wondered what other Trip Report writers use for their photos. I have a Nikon Camera but to be honest I like to travel light during the day and cant always be bothered to carry it around the parks.

I do have my iPhone 6 though and considered using it some days?

Can you let me know your thoughts please? Thanks
Old 21 Aug 17, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I have a Canon DSLR which I take some days, the photos are incredible but as you say, it's annoying carrying around a massive camera. On other days I will take my Canon Powershot, a small point and click & I will always have my phone for any selfies / food pics
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 17, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

I use a mixture of
a Nikon SLR - mostly for high speed or night photos, along with a few scenic around the parks shots. The main reason it comes out is to take photos of the parades and fireworks. The photos are far superior, but I do get fed up carrying it around / worrying about it being stolen or damaged,
So I use an iPhone 6s for most of the in park photos, then edit the photos in Lightroom afterwards to try and sort out the colours and brightness. I find an iPhone photo needs a lot more editing than the slr.
Finally I use a cheap underwater camera for waterparks and swimming, which this year has been replaced with a cheap GoPro knock off.
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 17, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

All my photos are from my iPhone 7 . We didn't bother with a camera this time and the go pro broke on the first use!
Only thing I've struggled with is night time picks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 17, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

I'm also looking for a camera to take! The Panasonic lumix tz80 has been suggested- we have looked at it and really like it! Hopefully we should be getting that in the next few weeks.
We want to do quite a bit of filming too and I've seen recommendations that a camera is better than a go pro- though may try and get a cheap one for the pool/water parks and kids 😀
I will be following your thread with interest 😀
Bellesdream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 17, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
My photos are taken on my iPhone SE...

We have a DSLR but can't be bothered to carry it!
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 17, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I used a mix of DSLR, Panasonic LUMIX and my iPhone 6S. To be honest the 6S was very good and if you use the trip report app then it's the easiest option.

I got fantastic fireworks photos on my phone. But I do like my DSLR for pictures of the kids.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 17, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I've never taken my DSLR to Florida, only ever take a compact - Panasonic TZ range and a waterproof camera for the waterpark and Discovery Cove.

This year we're going to California and I'm taking my DSLR and a couple of lenses, so I'll see what its like to carry it around everywhere
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List