Photo, Video & Vlogs Photography, Video and Vlog discussions

Old 8 Sep 17, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Bouncing Tigger
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Panasonic TZ70 dust on lens?

I'm just about to buy a TZ70 but then was halted by a review that says about dust getting into the lens and how it is a common problem. Is it? Do I need to maybe look for another camera? I won't use it much other than when we go away a couple of times each year. Thanks.

Quality Inn International Oct 97 & Sep 2002
Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando Nov 2006
Coco Key Hotel & Water Park Oct 2012
POR Oct 2017 30th anniversary trip
May 2019 POFQ
POFQ again 2022
The best of the best 2023
Bouncing Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 17, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue21
Serious Dibber

I have had mine since December 2015 and not had a problem. I love it.
Blue21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 17, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Bouncing Tigger
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Fab, thank you, I shall press that buy button.

May 2019 POFQ
POFQ again 2022
Bouncing Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 17, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
kaytronika
slightly serious Dibber

I don't recall it being an issue with my three year old TZ60, but it can be a common problem with all these cameras as the lens acts like bellows sucking air and dust in when you extend it.

Best thing to do is keep the camera in a decent case when you aren't using it... Never just put it in your pocket, pockets are full of dust.

I use Lowepro cases which are relatively cheap and available on Amazon and various other places. The Tahoe 30 was a good fit for my TZ60 and I use similar for my G7X. I think that model has been discontinued now but they'll likely do similar sized cases still.
kaytronika is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 17, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

You will see things for every camera and lens under the sun. It can happen to ANY camera/lens. TZ range of cameras are great for the type of camera it is. If I was liking for a point and shoot, it would be my first choice. I wanted something a little different in the lens dept., so went for the Lumix LZ100.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 17, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Bouncing Tigger
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by kaytronika View Post
I don't recall it being an issue with my three year old TZ60, but it can be a common problem with all these cameras as the lens acts like bellows sucking air and dust in when you extend it.

Best thing to do is keep the camera in a decent case when you aren't using it... Never just put it in your pocket, pockets are full of dust.

I use Lowepro cases which are relatively cheap and available on Amazon and various other places. The Tahoe 30 was a good fit for my TZ60 and I use similar for my G7X. I think that model has been discontinued now but they'll likely do similar sized cases still.
Originally Posted by tspill View Post
You will see things for every camera and lens under the sun. It can happen to ANY camera/lens. TZ range of cameras are great for the type of camera it is. If I was liking for a point and shoot, it would be my first choice. I wanted something a little different in the lens dept., so went for the Lumix LZ100.
Thanks for the great advice, after more procrastinating I've finally ordered my TZ70, now to get the case!

May 2019 POFQ
POFQ again 2022
Old 11 Sep 17, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Popsickle View Post
Thanks for the great advice, after more procrastinating I've finally ordered my TZ70, now to get the case!
I dont think you will be disappointed. Spend a bit of time at hole trying out the many many options to understand what they do.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Any camera or lens that has moving parts will get some dust in. Unless its on the sensor I doubt you will ever notice.
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List