Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 13 Sep 17, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Wazza68
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by johnandmaz View Post
I've watched all 5 seasons a few times many years ago. Saw it was on Sky boxsets again and watched little else these past 2 weeks. Mid season 3 now.

Tried so hard to convince other people to watch it without success. The pilot episode was regarded as one of the worst of any series anywhere but once you get past the first couple of episodes you're utterly hooked. Plus the earlier comment about putting the subtitles on makes it a different watch altogether.

The subject matter is difficult to watch and the main reason it was cancelled - the public found it a little too tough. It is very "gritty" but not as graphic as modern TV. You get to invest so much (and oddly feel compassionate) in the characters - the police, dealers and the people stuck in the middle like Bubs. A bit like Game of Thrones - bad people do good things and good people do bad (sometimes).

A lot of real life police officers and drug criminals played characters in the series. Just brilliant TV. Omar's coming!
Just started season 2 again. Agree with the GoT similarities. Very fine line between good and bad!
Omar is one of the best characters ever in TV!
Wazza68 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Such an amazing programme. Watched the whole lot a couple of times and will watch again one day. At first it's hard to get slang and street talk but you soon pick it up! Weird as their are so many Brits in the cast!
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Such an amazing programme. Watched the whole lot a couple of times and will watch again one day. At first it's hard to get slang and street talk but you soon pick it up! Weird as their are so many Brits in the cast!
i started again last night with first 3 episodes

snoop was one character i had to have the subtitles on for
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

Was a great show series 2 was a bit slow in my top 5 of all time
Old 25 Sep 17, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazza68
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

A bit like Game of Thrones - bad people do good things and good people do bad (sometimes).
Just started on season 3 again and I’d forgotten. Aiden ‘Little Finger’ Gillen plays mayoral candidate Tommy Carcetti
Wazza68 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

We tried it a few years ago but like previous posters have said, I found it hard to understand, or even hear, the dialogue and gave up. However, having never heard a bad review, we're giving it another go and so far I'm really enjoying it. However, once again I'm sometimes struggling to hear it at times so I've now ordered the DVDs so I can put the subtitles on
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 17, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

On a tangent. Some of the best character names in any TV series ever. My favourite TV series is West Wing but the characters are Sam and Josh and Donna and...

Not the Wire. Oh no. Great names like Poot, Cheese, Slim Charles, Stringer Bell, Proposition Joe, Butchie, Cutty, Snoop, Omar, Bodie and many more.

I could die happy if I had just one of Danny Baker's stories and a nickname like Slim Charles.

Florida - 91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 01, 03, 05, 07 - twice, 09, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 24
johnandmaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 17, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Wazza68
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

On a tangent. Some of the best character names in any TV series ever. My favourite TV series is West Wing but the characters are Sam and Josh and Donna and...

Not the Wire. Oh no. Great names like Poot, Cheese, Slim Charles, Stringer Bell, Proposition Joe, Butchie, Cutty, Snoop, Omar, Bodie and many more.

I could die happy if I had just one of Danny Baker's stories and a nickname like Slim Charles.
Let’s not forgot Snot Boogie who was seen lying in the street, having met his demise, in the opening scenes of the pilot episode
Old 26 Sep 17, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

True dat
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 17, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Dog
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m watching Bosch currently and it’s funny watching Marlo Stanfield play a cop
Big Dog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List