Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Sep 17, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
JLC
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
Ditto this. Much better resort than Caribbean Beach.
Agreed - stayed in preferred room at POR with 3 kids (ages 9, 11 & 13). They love being right next to the pool and a short walk to the food hall. Room not massive and shared but we were hardly there!

Quick Service DP made food a doddle and they loved being able to 'buy' their own snacks and food with their bands.
Disney Magic 2018 (Fjords), Disney Magic 2019 (Fjords properly this time)
Paris - NB, DLH, NY, DCR
JLC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mollybogle
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We are just back from POR and personally I prefer CBR. The rooms are bigger for one thing. Yes it's a bit of a building site just now but i still would pick it over POR. Don't get me wrong it's a nice resort but so will CBR when completed
Old 23 Sep 17, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mollybogle View Post
We are just back from POR and personally I prefer CBR. The rooms are bigger for one thing. Yes it's a bit of a building site just now but i still would pick it over POR. Don't get me wrong it's a nice resort but so will CBR when completed
I'm pretty sure moderate resort rooms are all the same size. I've stayed at both resorts and did not notice any difference in room size.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 17, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If CBR wasn't a building site I'd go for that. POR was fine but I'm not sure I get why it's more expensive than the other moderates.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 17, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
holidaysaver75
Imagineer

We've stayed at Riverside twice and really liked it. It was a real bonus having the boat service to Disney Springs.
holidaysaver75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
If CBR wasn't a building site I'd go for that. POR was fine but I'm not sure I get why it's more expensive than the other moderates.
It's more popular hence they can charge more and people will pay. Supply and demand.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
It's more popular hence they can charge more and people will pay. Supply and demand.
Yes I understand that's the reason. What I should have said is I don't understand why it's more popular.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
I've gone and booked riverside, thought a bit of a change, husband is no use nor ornament he just tells me to do what I want 😳🙄 doing 5 nights onsite and 8 in a villa plus a night at Miami airport when we land.
We've never stayed at CBR so can't compare the two. Riverside is beautiful though, we've stayed there twice and going back next year.
Old 25 Sep 17, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Each to their own and I haven't visited CBR with the building work going on but we weren't that keen on POR.

It seemed really busy because so many guests had changed from CBR to POR this last June. I also thought the main pool was far too small for such a big resort.

That being said, we did like the boat to DS.

We liked the tropical theming and beaches at CBR and we also thought the rooms were nicer. But each to their own. You will have a fab time wherever you go!
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Not stayed at CBR and not sure I'd book until I was certain it was all done. It's a big resort as well. However we stayed at POR and didn't fall in love with it and probably wouldn't stay there again. Have you looked at POFQ?
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List