Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Sep 17, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Not stayed at the All Stars but Pop is my go to resort now, especially after the room refurbs!

Originally Posted by salmon70 View Post
Sorry just a thought - can anyone please tell me which sections are being/have been refurbished?

Thank you
When I was there a couple of weeks ago the 90s and 80s were done and they were in the process of doing building 10 (70s). Currently only standard rooms have been refurbished, although there are some preferred rooms in building 10.
Old 19 Sep 17, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks ever so much everyone I'm going to be doing a lot of reading tonight, so excited that I may possibly be booking to go back 😆😁
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Have you looked at the refurbed rooms at pop? I'm not keen at all cold and climical and not very Disney imo, the second bed is a pull down which means if you want to leave it down you lose the table, if there's only 2 of you though it wouldn't be an issue but because of this all star music would get my vote. We've stayed at sports and last year movies which we loved but it's coming up so much more expensive for next year.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 05:23 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
Have you looked at the refurbed rooms at pop? I'm not keen at all cold and climical and not very Disney imo, the second bed is a pull down which means if you want to leave it down you lose the table, if there's only 2 of you though it wouldn't be an issue but because of this all star music would get my vote. We've stayed at sports and last year movies which we loved but it's coming up so much more expensive for next year.
I can see why you might feel this way as it's all laminate floors and all and a very different feel from the old Pop rooms!

But personally I absolutely love the Pop refurb rooms. I stayed at Pop earlier this year before the refurb, and again a couple of weeks ago in a refurb room. I actually loved the refurb room I was in so much that I was worried that moving to POFQ (which hasn't been refurbed for a while) might feel like a downgrade - so ended up staying in the Pop refurb room for my whole trip instead of moving to POFQ halfway as planned.

Things I love about the Pop refurb rooms (compared to the old ones especially)
- Laminate floor instead of carpet.
- USB ports (I counted 10 of them) and power outlets (I counted at least 12 of them) everywhere. I didn't even need to bring out my US>UK adapter or my USB multi charger as I could just stick my USB cables into the USB ports to charge things.
- Lighting everywhere - the room is incredibly bright which is fantastic as I hate dim hotel rooms
- There is an in-built night light at the sink area, that turns on when the sink area light is turned off
- A small food area with a fridge, coffee maker
- Huge TV
- The in room safe has been updated, from the old wall safe with a key, to a new large safe with a code that sits beneath the TV
- Overhead showers
- Some of the rooms no longer have a bathtub, which is a plus or a minus depending on your view (in my view I prefer the shower so it's a plus for me)
- Sliding doors instead of curtains
- If you don't need the second bed, you can leave the Murphy bed up, and get a huge table with a lot of floor space. (Conversely, if you need the second bed, you then lose a lot of floor space and no longer have a table...)

Basically, with the refurb... Pop is now my go to resort - I think it was already my go to resort before but the refurb has kind of just sealed the deal as the new rooms are just such a huge improvement over the old ones!
Old 20 Sep 17, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
I can see why you might feel this way as it's all laminate floors and all and a very different feel from the old Pop rooms!

But personally I absolutely love the Pop refurb rooms. I stayed at Pop earlier this year before the refurb, and again a couple of weeks ago in a refurb room. I actually loved the refurb room I was in so much that I was worried that moving to POFQ (which hasn't been refurbed for a while) might feel like a downgrade - so ended up staying in the Pop refurb room for my whole trip instead of moving to POFQ halfway as planned.

Things I love about the Pop refurb rooms (compared to the old ones especially)
- Laminate floor instead of carpet.
- USB ports (I counted 10 of them) and power outlets (I counted at least 12 of them) everywhere. I didn't even need to bring out my US>UK adapter or my USB multi charger as I could just stick my USB cables into the USB ports to charge things.
- Lighting everywhere - the room is incredibly bright which is fantastic as I hate dim hotel rooms
- There is an in-built night light at the sink area, that turns on when the sink area light is turned off
- A small food area with a fridge, coffee maker
- Huge TV
- The in room safe has been updated, from the old wall safe with a key, to a new large safe with a code that sits beneath the TV
- Overhead showers
- Some of the rooms no longer have a bathtub, which is a plus or a minus depending on your view (in my view I prefer the shower so it's a plus for me)
- Sliding doors instead of curtains
- If you don't need the second bed, you can leave the Murphy bed up, and get a huge table with a lot of floor space. (Conversely, if you need the second bed, you then lose a lot of floor space and no longer have a table...)

Basically, with the refurb... Pop is now my go to resort - I think it was already my go to resort before but the refurb has kind of just sealed the deal as the new rooms are just such a huge improvement over the old ones!
Good morning

Thank you for your in depth views. We watched a couple of YouTube clips last night and saw the new rooms they look fab and totally different from the 'old look'. We loved Movies and would have loved to have gone back but as has been said above, the prices for next year have just shot up. There is still the option of AoA (which I was holding off from as I could out the difference towards buying park tickets).

Aaargh decisions decisions 😣.

By the way, enjoy your trip 😊😊😊.
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List