Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

View Poll Results: Which Christmas Lego should I buy this year?
Winter village toy shop 29 69.05%
Winter village train 11 26.19%
Winter village station 1 2.38%
Other (please specify) 1 2.38%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19 Sep 17, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

Which should I buy for Xmas?

Ok this is an attempt at creating a poll. Thanks to ericsmum for the suggestion 🙂

I want to treat myself to a set of Lego to add into this years xmas Lego scene. But which one? Please don't say all,I live life on a budget 😩😆

Edited at 04:57 PM.
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Any pictures? A toy shop sounds like it would fit in nicely with a Christmas scene
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Train set first, then build up from there - no pun intended.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
kaytronika
slightly serious Dibber

With Lego sets themed like these, it's worth looking at the order of release so you don't miss out. As a result I'd go with the toy shop because it's older than the train and the new station. If it's still available this year it may be discontinued next year.

The toy shop was the first to be re-issued, but there's no guarantee the others will get the same treatment in future... I'd love a re-issue of the village house and post office to complete our winter village. To buy them now they've been discontinued would cost us more than the RRP and I'm not playing that game.
kaytronika is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

I love them all but voted Toy Shop. I know if I bought the train or train station I'd want the other to go with it whereas the toy shop could be a stand alone piece. Plus it's a little cheaper!
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

The toy shop is lovely. Have you got any other Christmas sets? If you haven't then the toy shop looks like a nice one to start a Christmas scene.

I have one similar to the toy shop (I think it's Santas workshop) so I might order the train to go with it.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

Looks like the toy shop is winning so far!

We don't really have any Christmas Lego as such, we made our own Christmas market last year from various bits of advent calendar Lego and other Lego. I want to do the same again this year but add to it with some other sets so that we can start making a whole,village for Christmas!
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
kaytronika
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by liz-paul View Post
Looks like the toy shop is winning so far!

We don't really have any Christmas Lego as such, we made our own Christmas market last year from various bits of advent calendar Lego and other Lego. I want to do the same again this year but add to it with some other sets so that we can start making a whole,village for Christmas!
We've done this alongside our village... Calendars and the smaller seasonal sets make for good add-ons. It's also worth keeping an eye on the free gifts if you actually shop in the Lego store. They often give away some nice little bits that fit in with the theme too.

I want to start picking up some Lego base boards so we can pin it all to something a bit more sturdy. The cats do like to invade the town as Christmas progresses
kaytronika is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 17, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We have the Toy Shop and love it.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 17, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
the_weird_one
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I've voted Toy Shop as this will be its third year of availability, so is a likely candidate for retirement after this Christmas. Where as the train will be around next year as will the station and really you can't have one without the other.

Be careful though, once you step down the road of the Lego Winter Village it'll soon become a full Alpine town
the_weird_one is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List