Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Sep 17, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Lilminx
Excited about Disney

Mobile Mp3 player recommendations

I looking to get my daughter's friend an Mp3 player for christmas and load it with the Harry Potter books. Has anyone any good recommendations around 8gb not hugely expensive?

2020 victim of Covid
Lilminx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
afcajax73
slightly serious Dibber

I recently bought a Sandisk Clip Sport Plus (they also do it minus the plus bit hehe)

I bought it for running and in the gym, it's really light weight, has a little clip on it for when im out and about and it works with my wireless headphones. I got it from Tesco Direct when they had an offer on, I think it was £40 inc delivery.

It had pretty good reviews, so I punted for it and so far it's been really good.
afcajax73 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

instead of an mp3 player, how about a set of headphones (that has a built in mp3 player) and a microsd card with the HP mp3s on?

amazon/Foldable-Bl...db37a941f1f0e3

if youre just playing back mp3s, a cheap class 2 memory card will be fine...
amazon/SanDisk-SDS...9ac0e5823e30cb

hth
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
MickeysGirl
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
instead of an mp3 player, how about a set of headphones (that has a built in mp3 player) and a microsd card with the HP mp3s on?

amazon/Foldable-Bl...db37a941f1f0e3

if youre just playing back mp3s, a cheap class 2 memory card will be fine...
amazon/SanDisk-SDS...9ac0e5823e30cb

hth
Sorry to drop into the thread but thank you so much for posting those headphones. My daughter has asd (shes 5 and adores Queen's music lol!) and I've been after a mp3 player for her but those headphones are better - no wires etc. I never knew they existed.

Can I just ask how you get music on the memory card? We have Amazon prime music could we do it from that or Spotify?
MickeysGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

if you want to use them out and about you can link them to a phone via bluetooth and stream the music. But if you want to play from the memory card you need to move the music onto the memory card first and I'm not sure spotify cater for that as i believe you need their app which handles the licensing. But you could have the app on a phone and use the offline mode to bluetooth to the headset.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeysGirl
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by shack69 View Post
if you want to use them out and about you can link them to a phone via bluetooth and stream the music. But if you want to play from the memory card you need to move the music onto the memory card first and I'm not sure spotify cater for that as i believe you need their app which handles the licensing. But you could have the app on a phone and use the offline mode to bluetooth to the headset.
Ok, I'm not very technology minded but what your saying is I can use the Bluetooth and music app to connect to the headphones when out and about?
MickeysGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MickeysGirl View Post
Sorry to drop into the thread but thank you so much for posting those headphones. My daughter has asd (shes 5 and adores Queen's music lol!) and I've been after a mp3 player for her but those headphones are better - no wires etc. I never knew they existed.

Can I just ask how you get music on the memory card? We have Amazon prime music could we do it from that or Spotify?
not sure either of those methods would work, sorry...

you need the mp3 files. you just copy them onto the card using a card reader on your pc and then insert the card into the headphones

*edit*

yeah, you would need to just hook up a phone via bluetooth and use the relevant apps for streaming services

Edited at 01:26 PM.
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List