Old 21 Sep 17, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile OKW preferred blocks?

Hi there,

Going to be sending my requests into OKW soon, which blocks are now preferred areas?

Thanks 😀
Old 21 Sep 17, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

We stayed in building 16 last year, Millar Road (I think). It had a lovely balcony view with plenty of sun. We were only a minute or so away from HH and the main pool on foot and only a couple of minutes more away from a quiet pool in the opposite direction. We didn't use the buses as we had hired a car but there was a bus stop across the road and plenty of parking close to the room.

It's a lovely, laid back resort. Enjoy
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 17, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks for that... cant wait to go we've stayed at POR and SSR before and loved them both so excited for a new experience
Old 22 Sep 17, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi don't get to hung up about the area , all very good with bus stops very close to all blocks. We have been 4 times and stayed in 3 location , last 2 times turtle pond, 5 mins walk to HH and the bus has 2 more stops before going to parks etc. Have a look a the the resort on google maps and you will get a better idea
jdouds is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

I don't know what you mean by "preferred blocks"

if you mean the Near Hospitality House buildings, those can only be booked if you're on points (DVC) not if you're on cash. And you need to book them as a category. The buildings are 11 to 14 and 23 to 26.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 17, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
I don't know what you mean by "preferred blocks"

if you mean the Near Hospitality House buildings, those can only be booked if you're on points (DVC) not if you're on cash. And you need to book them as a category. The buildings are 11 to 14 and 23 to 26.
Hi,

Thank you - i thought i had read somewhere that there were certain preferred blocks that were DVC only - didn't word my question very well as that was what i was trying to ask 🙈 So there would be no point requesting these blocks? The 2 older kids would love to be going to fill cups etc on their own and would be nice to be close enough to allow them a bit more freedom
Thanks so much for the info
Old 22 Sep 17, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi again all the other areas can be requested, turtle pond has it's own pool bar drinks area
jdouds is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List