Notices

Old 11 Feb 17, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MinnieMrsA View Post
Yay - very excited to find this 😊 sounds like a great trip. We go on the 13th so overlap for a day or two. Also great date to get married (my birthday!) - looking forward to seeing your ADRs. Xx
I'll post an ADR update today x

Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
Hi Kim, sounds like a fantastic trip. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. looking forward to following along with your adventures.
Thank you - counting down the days! x

Originally Posted by Momofboys View Post
Oh congratulations! Sounds like a fab honeymoon. Haven't read your christmas trip report, been a bit cold turkey on reports at the moment, but I'll make an exception for yours!
Thank you so much x

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
Oooh this sounds absolutely amazing!

Good luck with the wedding plans in the meantime xxx
Thank you - there are just 'little' bits to organise now x

Going to do my first update now ...
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 17, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Update 11/02/17

So, today was ADR day! VERY important, we love our posh Disney restaurants! My 'big' ones were California Grill to watch Wishes on our last night, which has kind of become a tradition. I also wanted Be Our Guest for breakfast as I'd like to see what it looks like inside.

Having posted my pre-trip, Mrs. Pumba 75 text and asked if we'd like to join them for breakfast at BOG as their ADR date was a little earlier in the week. I checked 'the plan' and we actually had BOG down for the day before so I did a little bit of shuffling. Phil wanted to complete 'Drinking Around the World' as we missed that in the summer. I'd put that in for our first day plus a relaxing morning at Typhoon Lagoon the following. I had a little shuffle around of plans and put that in for the next day instead and then 'the plan' magically fell into place!

Today I logged in at 11.58am and was pleased to see that I was able to start booking! I also got everything we wanted

So, our ADR list is as follows:

Thursday 10/08 - Narcoossee's for dinner. When we went there last year Phil was coming down with his infamous spider bite/cellulitis and really felt unwell despite a lovely meal. We didn't do this justice so we want to go back minus life threatening illnesses!

Friday 11/08 - BOG for Breakfast with the Pumba75s. No ADR for the evening as we will be heading to EPCOT for the afternoon for drinking around the world and then hopefully Big Grille Brewing Works for dinner, if we fancy it? You can't make an ADR there so it fits in with our plans and I am going to alternate drinks and snacks!

Saturday 12/08 - Monsieur Paul. A new one for us. We tried Chef's De France last time but thought we'd give this a go as we liked the look of the menu

Sunday 13/08 - Yachtsman Steakhouse. A firm favourite!

Monday 14/08 - California Grill. Our last night tradition before heading home

Tuesday 15/08 - ESPN for late lunch. Our flight leaves at 00.50am! So our last meal for this trip will be here before catching the Tragical Express back to the airport

So, that's the ADR list sorted.

We also did a few 'wedding' things last weekend. We went and got our wedding bands sorted and paid for. They are both palladium (the material my engagement is) and mine has been made to fit the curve of the band.

So, the ADR is in place. The next countdown begins and it's a slightly longer one waiting for our fastpass day!

Thanks for reading
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 17, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Hi Kim, your plans sound great and glad you got your ADRs sorted today. Good luck with the wedding plans.

I still need to catch up on your last trip report!
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 17, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Hi Kim, your plans sound great and glad you got your ADRs sorted today. Good luck with the wedding plans.

I still need to catch up on your last trip report!
Thank you
Old 12 Feb 17, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Update 12/2/17

So... Whilst we are on the Food theme I thought I'd update with our non-Disney eating plans.

Universal

Although there is lots of choice at Universal, we keep coming back to a favourite: The Cowfish!

We first discovered that restaurant on our December 2015 trip. Phil ordered this massive beast of a meal:

The then couldn't move for about two hours and wasn't able to look a burger in the face for about 6 months!

However, I absolutely love seared tuna and we'd shared a fantastic starter of seared tuna on crispy wontons. This was one of my favourite starter of the trip (and it had some tough competition!) and I was desperate to go back! 8 months later, Phil had finally digested that burger ( ) so we made a return visit so I could have that delicious starter again:

This time there was no sharing allowed

I also had this delicious seared tuna burger with a rice bun!

Phil very sensible stuck to a burger WITHOUT the huge mound of fries!

Part of me would love to try somewhere new but realistically we only have one night there and I am not giving up that tuna starter!

Naples

First up, we are going to try the hotel restaurant on our first night, HB on the Gulf. I mean, who wouldn't with a view like this?!

Then I have made reservations at a restaurant called Trulucks, which has excellent reviews.

They do amazing seafood apparently, so I am really looking forward to that!

Despite several visits to the US, we've never made it to The Cheesecake Factory! I really want to go, just so I can sample some of these:

Mmmmmm! Luckily there is one near our hotel, so that's been added.

Lastly, for Naples I have added a firm favourite of ours from International Drive - Tommy Bahamas. We first went in 2015 and I fell in love with this dessert:

Malted Chocolate Pie!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

If you're a regular reader of my trip report you know we don't often go for dessert, but we have to make an exception for here! It is AMAZING!

Key West

Haven't really sorted this bit out yet, that's on the 'to-do' list.

International Drive

As we are using Idrive as a 'stopover' we'll only have one night there. So our food choice will either be:

1) Bahama Breeze or
2) Tony Romas

We'll probably decide when we get there as both of these we've really enjoyed in the past.

So, that's it for today! 170 days and counting ...
Old 12 Feb 17, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Don't want to wish our time away, but hurry up wedding and our breakfast at BOG!
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 17, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pumba75 View Post
Don't want to wish our time away, but hurry up wedding and our breakfast at BOG!
I totally agree - can't wait for either!
Old 13 Feb 17, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Leelsisy
Excited about Disney

Mobile

This is going to be epic! My very favourite holiday was spent at Naples and the keys. And my best experience ever was driving the 7 mile bridge. You are going to love it. I do hope you'll be able to write a report or at least post some photos! Happy wedding planning on the meantime x
Old 13 Feb 17, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Leelsisy View Post
This is going to be epic! My very favourite holiday was spent at Naples and the keys. And my best experience ever was driving the 7 mile bridge. You are going to love it. I do hope you'll be able to write a report or at least post some photos! Happy wedding planning on the meantime x
Ah thank you! I did write a full trippie for our other holidays and really enjoyed it, so hopefully it'll be the same for this one x
Old 13 Feb 17, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Sounds great! We'll see you there
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List