Notices

Old 17 Feb 17, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer

I hope your wedding plans are going well.
(I'm glad you got the support against the red trousers! ) 😀

The honeymoon plans sound fab!
How exciting.
We arrive at the Beach Club on the 14th.
I'll look out for Phil pointing at his pint when we go for a wander in the evening 😀

@adeandlisadodisney

All of my Trip Reports...Here!
miss_mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 17, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
Oh wow, a wedding and honeymoon report! I want lots of wedding details (or as much as you can share with us, anyway!), and look forward to lots of pics of your lovely new hubby pointing at pints (and covered in powdered sugar - LOL!).

Exciting times!
Ha ha - I don't think I'll be allowed a funnel cake ever again after the icing sugar incident!

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Oo exciting , can't wait to read this one. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding x
Thank you x

Originally Posted by miss_mouse View Post
I hope your wedding plans are going well.
(I'm glad you got the support against the red trousers! ) 😀

The honeymoon plans sound fab!
How exciting.
We arrive at the Beach Club on the 14th.
I'll look out for Phil pointing at his pint when we go for a wander in the evening 😀
Give us a if you spot us!

I've been looking at wedding bouquets today - think I'm going to go for something like this:

Yes, the red trousers are a definite NO from me!
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 17, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Update 05/03/17

Well I thought I'd do a little update today!

A kind person on The Dibb posted that Alamo Brits were having a bit of a discount online, so I logged on and plugged in our dates to the website. They were coming up a whopping £168 cheaper for the 7 days we wanted the car! Scarcely able to believe it, I cancelled the original booking (which I'd only reserved, not prepaid) and made a new one with the cheaper price! To guarantee the price I decided to pay it off in full, so that's one less thing to worry about later down the line. I can't *wait* to get behind the wheel of one of these!

Next month I am planning on booking our Everglades tour, we think we've chosen a company and we are going to do a half day tour as there are lots of other things we'd like to do in Naples and the surrounding area.

The next thing I've also booked us is the No. 1 Lounge for the day we travel.

As we'll be on a later flight we are not staying overnight and a neighbour runs an airport taxi service. We've made a reservation with him to take us and we are leaving lots of time! I get us free entry to the No. 1 Lounge with my bank account as it comes with Dragonpass. However, if you pre-book it costs £5 each and you also get access to the premium security line. We've used this twice (once in the summer when we were flying Club World and once at Christmas with the pre-booking) and it is *so* worth £10 for the two of us! We've literally breezed through with no line! It also guarantees entry to the No. 1 Lounge if the terminal is busy. We always find that Gatwick South Terminal seems to be heaving, and at least with the No. 1 Lounge you can sit there and relax with a free cup of tea!

I ummed and aahhed about upgrading us on our flight to Economy Plus but it was over £500 just for the outbound flight, so in the end we stuck with seats I've picked. We're right near the front of the plane and if the SeatGuru map is correct, we should have exit row seats! It doesn't show on the Norwegian Air map that we do, but that happened with them when we flew to New York and we ended up in the exit row. So I'm crossing my fingers and praying for the same!

That's all for today
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 17, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

i caught up at last - WOW ! It all looks so amazing and its all just so exciting .
Am keeping everything crossed that there are no " surprises" - i think youve had enough of those on previous trips !
Cant wait to read along
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 17, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

All sounds good!

Have enjoyed all your previous trip reports, look forward to this one.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 17, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
i caught up at last - WOW ! It all looks so amazing and its all just so exciting .
Am keeping everything crossed that there are no " surprises" - i think youve had enough of those on previous trips !
Cant wait to read along
Thank you, really hoping this one goes to plan! I think Phil is planning on buying a flamethrower in Walmart to send the way of any wildlife that comes near him!

Originally Posted by magickate View Post
All sounds good!

Have enjoyed all your previous trip reports, look forward to this one.
Thank you, and thanks for reading
Old 25 Mar 17, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Update 25/03/17

So this week I have booked a couple of little things for our upcoming trip. First of all, I tried to book the 'Tragical Express' () for our journey home. The problem was that our flight departs after midnight on the 15th (00.50pm apparently!), so technically the 16th of March. That meant that our checkout day from WDW and our departure dates were different. Full of hope, I plugged in our dates and sent it off, hoping that someone would realise looking at the flight numbers that it was just a case of being slightly after midnight.

Unfortunately it was a case of ...

Nope, our check out dates and departure dates were different, so our request to use the service was declined they said to ring up or resubmit the information. I tried to ring last weekend, only to be greeted with a wait of around 45 minutes - no doubt, 44 of those minutes were people rightly complaining about the CBR refurb!

Figuring I could leave it until nearer the time, I put it to the back of my mind. Anyway, on Thursday this week I got both a text and an email from Norwegian Air:

"Hi

We are sorry to inform you about these changes, but sometimes we need to make modifications to our flight schedule.

We realise that these changes are not ideal, nevertheless we will do everything in our power to mitigate the impact of them on you. Please verify your reservation, and provide us with feedback at your earliest convenience.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause."

So I dutifully logged on to the website to check out the bad news, only to be greeted with a message telling me that we were now departing at the much more sociable hour of 21.55 from Orlando! This also meant we would be arriving home a few hours earlier as well! This suited us absolutely fine and, after confirming with our airport transfer guy that it was also fine with him, we were actually quite happy with this!

So, this meant we were now departing on the same day as we were checking out from our WDW resort, so I resubmitted our information for the Magical ("tragical") Express. This all went through fine this time and so it saved me a lengthy phone call to try and sort it all out!

Phew!

One more thing ticked off, I also booked us some tickets for an Everglades tour with Attraction Tickets Direct as well. I'd researched a few different tour operators, including one from Naples with pick up/drop offs but the one from ATD seemed to fit our schedule the best and was also pretty cheap compared to others I'd seen.

That's all for now, thanks for reading
Old 27 Mar 17, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Just caught up - sounds like a fabulous trip full of lots of different adventures. Love the car - glad you treated yourself! X
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 17, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Just caught up - sounds like a fabulous trip full of lots of different adventures. Love the car - glad you treated yourself! X
Thank you - I am really looking forward to our little road trip and the new things we are trying! I am also really looking forward to being back at the Boardwalk Inn! Hey.. I'm really looking forward to it all!

Thanks for reading x
Old 1 Apr 17, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

How have I missed this? It sounds like an amazing trip! Naples looks gorgeous. Glad you got a bargain on the car! You've totally sold me on Cowfish too, I think we'll be giving that a go this year, if only for the tuna starter! Although I do fancy taking that burger on...

Good luck with the wedding planning, sounds like a great TR in the works.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List