Old 21 Feb 17, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
gettingthere
Imagineer

2nd solo trip booked..solo with a twist

UPDATE OCTOBER 2017
ONLY 35 days left,getting very excited,online check in done
Fastpasses done including Avatar
still dont know if my sister will enjoy any of the parks,but she is looking forward to shopping
Am hoping Beauty and the beast is one of the films been shown on aerplane.not showing the aerlingus site,but a friend flew with them last week and it was on...so fingers crossed xx

roll on nov 21st

Yippee my second solo trip is booked,for november /december 2017,it will be my first time to see parks all decked out for christmas.
My name is Bernadette,i live in Dublin ireland

I was supposed to go last November,but had to postpone,but the upside is ,EVERYTHING is paid for.

i will be flying direct with aer lingus,my favourite airline,i did look into going indirect,but to be honest,the saving was not enough to sway me.

HAD BOOKED AND FULLY PAID FOR ROSEN INN @POINTE as my favorite hotel Homewood was coming in to expensive.kept an eye on price it reduced by over 500euro,so changed hotel... glad i acted quickly as it has gone back up in price

while at homewood i plan on visiting both universal parks,seaworld busch gardens ,a bit of shopping etc and maybe aquatica

Then i move to disney ...while here i plan to do Disney parks.disney springs etc,and hopefully meet a friend from ireland,we did say we would do afternoon tea at grand floridian,so that would be really nice

I am also looking forward to seeing and smelling the gingerbread houses

.in parks i am looking forward to seasonal treats

For XMAS 2016 .I was presented with a voucher for breakfast with pooh and friends,and a voucher for MVMCP,also new magic band,disney gift voucher,pooh christmas hat, and disney tshirts.

UPDATE MARCH 2017

ATTRACTION TICKETS DIRECT ... have offered to add new water park to my ticket at no cost,so ticket posted back today.

and the really good news is i have cancelled ALL STARS And booked Carribean beach resort,it was cheaper because of compensation disney is offering due to refurb... am so happy SO i paid 375euro extraand disney will give me a gift card with $525 on it when i arrive,so my disney spends are sorted

two things i had hoped to try on last visit but didnt manage to..fingers crossed for this trip,has anyone had them

UPDATE
My sister JANET has decided she would like to join me.my sister has never been to orlando,doesnt do theme parks,i love theme parks... likes to sunbathe,i look for shade,never sit in sun,likes to have drink in evening,i like to be in a park or stroll through disney springs or down i drive...should be fun...

[My Sister has got flight booked,and managed to get seat next to me on both flights.
Also got her added to both hotel bookings,however have cancelled rosen and am returning to homewood suites

Edited at 06:26 PM. Reason: UPDATE OCTOBER 2017
gettingthere is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
bella9
VIP Dibber

Mobile

How exciting, it's going to be fantastic! Love all the Christmas decs, and the fab atmosphere everywhere you go.

Looking forward to tagging along. Have a wonderful time planning. 😊😊
bella9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
gettingthere
Imagineer

Thank you Bella,cant wait.
Old 21 Feb 17, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Smithkfs
Imagineer

Looking forward to reading about your trip

Kath x

Disney All Stars Movies Resort - 2006
Disney Pop Century Resort - 2007
Disney All Stars Sports Resort - 2010
Disney POFQ - 2013
- Smithy Goes Solo - Sept 2013 - Trip Report
Disney Pop Century Resort - 2015 - Disney and Me - Sept 15 - Trip Report
Smithkfs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
gettingthere
Imagineer

Thank you..i see you stayed at all stars,any issues?
Old 21 Feb 17, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

Sounds like a great trip planned, I hope you have a good time.
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
lindaj
Imagineer

I went on my own last year, my husband passed away the June before and we were due to fly out there on the day that I buried him, he made me promise to go back. I don't think he meant on my own but it was something I really wanted to do so that I could remember all the good times without anyone else being with me. I would love to go back this year but my father has been diagnosed with vascular dementia (he's 92) and my mom is his carer (shes 89) so I feel I can't leave them to face all this on their own. One day I will go back, happily on my own. Have a great time, I am sure you will.
Old 22 Feb 17, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great pre trip report!
candycat75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 17, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
gettingthere
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lindaj View Post
I went on my own last year, my husband passed away the June before and we were due to fly out there on the day that I buried him, he made me promise to go back. I don't think he meant on my own but it was something I really wanted to do so that I could remember all the good times without anyone else being with me. I would love to go back this year but my father has been diagnosed with vascular dementia (he's 92) and my mom is his carer (shes 89) so I feel I can't leave them to face all this on their own. One day I will go back, happily on my own. Have a great time, I am sure you will.
So Sorry to hear that linda,hope you make it back soon...take care xx
Old 13 Aug 17, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
gettingthere
Imagineer

Have had to update...lost all pictures due to photobuckets new policy..
i am doing MVMCP solo.i have booked candlelight processional for myself and sister.and booked nine dragons.
Breakfast at crystal palace
Be our guest
raglan road and shuttle for BG, NOT sure if sister will do any of these,bt she has bought tickets for all parks