Notices

Old 5 Mar 17, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

How weirdly reasonable are the prices for AKL in November?! We are also staying there at the.end of Nov despite having all the same reservations as you, it was too good a deal to pass up and the more I've watched vlogs and read about the hotel the more excited I am to stay there!
We also can't wait to see new Disney Springs it looks so nice. And we didn't even go into animal kingdom last trip so there'll be lots of new stuff there for us too, looking forward to Rivers of Light and Pandora.
Have you ever done any of the backstage tours like keys to the Kingdom? Might be a nice birthday gift if you're into park history etc?
vics18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 17, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Lol! You make me laugh - especially about your 'Primeval Whirl' experience 😂 I am looking forward to visiting at a different time of year too but literally have no idea what to pack for a Florida winter 😱 Another great update 😊
Thank you! The winter thing is a conundrum but it's definitely a nice problem to have. I guess it'll require a bigger bag for jumpers etc. Need to start looking at some November trip reports to see what people are wearing.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 17, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
How blooming excited am I to be reading this (and not only because it includes my ugly mug!)... first Rach pulls an unexpected trip out of the bag and then you follow suit, oh happy days!

AKL is going to be epic and just think how many Caprese flatbreads you can justify on the QSDP (and one each please this time guys, don't show me up again)

Oh and can you guarantee another Star Wars face-fit photo? I don't think I can commit into this TR if you can't promise me another one of those (I actually laughed out loud just now thinking about it).

Ok sorry, I had to go and find it after typing this and it had me in fits all over again, I think its only fair to share it again for everyone else to enjoy a second time around...

Ah too damn excited for you both (and just think come #dibberdollsweekend in July you will be a mere 4 months away from going... and there was me worrying we might run out of things to talk about over a whole weekend (because you know, it's always such a struggle to keep a chat group going with us girls )
That Star Wars photo *shakes head*

It still makes me laugh. A just looks ridiculously convincing in it. I suppose I could go back & get the one in the gold bikini just for a laugh but then again it cost more than a week's travel card so sadly I can't guarantee it!

Yessss to the caprese flatbreads! Can't wait!
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 17, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Excited6910 View Post
I think you're arriving the day we leave, last time we overlapped a little I think. I know that sounds totally stalkerish! The fact the renovations have put you off CBR is a tad unsettling for me I have to admit. We booked a few months ago when Disney had "no idea" about their huge plans for the resort. They've tried to reassure us that there will be little to no impact on our holiday so I'm hoping they're right.
Oh really? Ha, funny we're on the same rotation.

We didn't book CBR as we knew about the renovations. Had we not known but had booked there, we'd stay put I think. But it seemed pointless deliberately choosing to stay there when there's so much stress and uncertainty about it. I really hope it doesn't affect you too much.
Old 5 Mar 17, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by wozza View Post
*goes to look at prices for November*

No better feeling than having a trip to WDW booked!
I'd forgotten how great it feels, especially as it's a sneaky trip we weren't expecting!
Old 5 Mar 17, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
I have no words for how much I love this!

Feel slightly smug to be included in it too!

AKL is going to be just amazing. When we went for Saana we felt it was so lush, but without feeling snobby (a la Grand Flo). I bet you will love it. Also - Giraffes. Giraffes everywhere. What's not to love?

A's birthday - Marceline to Magic Kingdom Tour! It's not as long (or expensive as KTTK), but really fab. I loved it and would happily do it again!

Oh I do hope you see the Buzz guy again - what a ledge!

Eeeeeeeeeeeep EXCITED FACE! xxx
Of course you and L had to be included!

Glad you liked AKL, it's weird thinking we're going to a resort we've never visited seeing as we've been to most of them.

That's a good shout on the tour, thanks. Will have a think on that.
Old 5 Mar 17, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
The Starwars photo! Just incredible.

Great PT, love the fact you have snuck in a trip and a pretty good price for AKL with premium travel too! You will love the resort, I read loads about to bring too far out when we went but the buses were regular and there was no sharing with other reports so they seems pretty good to me.
Thank you, yeah we couldn't believe the price. It's still a lot of money, don't get me wrong, but we're offsetting it by the fact it's A's birthday. Glad you enjoyed AKL, your opinion definitely helped us decide.
Old 5 Mar 17, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MinnieMrsA View Post
Yay! So excited to find this after I saw you had booked again, loved your last trip report. Just tried to upgrade to PE for our summer trip but it was all sold out 😭
Oh thank you! That's so nice. I'm looking forward to writing it.

Super annoying when you commit to an upgrade and there isn't one.
Old 5 Mar 17, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by vics18 View Post
How weirdly reasonable are the prices for AKL in November?! We are also staying there at the.end of Nov despite having all the same reservations as you, it was too good a deal to pass up and the more I've watched vlogs and read about the hotel the more excited I am to stay there!
We also can't wait to see new Disney Springs it looks so nice. And we didn't even go into animal kingdom last trip so there'll be lots of new stuff there for us too, looking forward to Rivers of Light and Pandora.
Have you ever done any of the backstage tours like keys to the Kingdom? Might be a nice birthday gift if you're into park history etc?
Very reasonable. We always thought a deluxe would be out of our grasp. I'm scared this is a turning point though and there'll be no way back to the moderates now!

Looks like we'll be neighbours then! I need to get watching some vlogs.

The tours are definitely worth looking into. It's a nice problem to have.
Old 5 Mar 17, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by HelenJNT View Post
Very reasonable. We always thought a deluxe would be out of our grasp. I'm scared this is a turning point though and there'll be no way back to the moderates now!

Looks like we'll be neighbours then! I need to get watching some vlogs.

The tours are definitely worth looking into. It's a nice problem to have.
Yes, if you see us say hey. We'll be the ones running round after a toddler muttering how florida was better without kids haha.

I know I was thinking the same thing...it's our first time onsite we really should have started at a value and worked our way up!

I've watched so many vlogs while I've been off on mat leave, we're addicted to them now!
vics18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List